Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Skyu_Ivy
#7147 Okay, the rust is located on the part of the door that goes over the window on both doors of my civic under the weather stripping. I wish i had some pictures to better explain my problem but i can't at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem as well. I know you can buy door skins but i don't know if that part is available. Does anyone know how to fix it :( Everytime i look at my car there seems to be another problem! Haha not giving up hope yet!

Thanks!
By Skyu_Ivy
#7247 Yeah. It is the door frame and it has started rusting through. :( I was thinking about going to a junkyard to see if i could get some other doors maybe with a little less rust! But the rest of my door is in good condition. The rain must have collected under the weather strip and sat for a while rusting it out! I am stumped for ways to fix it. My body work skills lack under the best circumstances. This is well out of my league!

Maybe this weekend i can get some pictures of my car in general. So I can show it off haha.
By teal_dx
#7248 I'd buy a used door. You could probably find one for cheap (they go for about $75-100 USD over here) I'd spend that amount on a rust free door instead of spending time and money trying to repair yours, and take the chance of having the rust return.
By Skyu_Ivy
#7256 I hate rust! I wish i could afford to buy a car from the southern states and bring it up to canada haha