Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By EG6Driver
#4564 Well I might have good news...I think...I made a new friend...He is the service manager at a Honda Dealership in Branford, CT. He tells me that he could get me a set of new rocker panels at his cost which would be about $600.00. Do you guy's think that armed with those I stand a better chance of working with what I have? If you haven't seen it, take a look under member rides where I posted pics of my disease..lol
By eg-civic-racer
#4565 http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/hond ... parts.html

Its good that someone has taken you on and at least given you a price or an idea!!

This link is for rocker panels dont know if they are the same thing that your Honda boy is talking about?
By teal_dx
#4572 that link is for the plastic rocker covers. What he is talking about is the actual metal part of the body behind the plastic covers. They are prone to rusting out on our cars :(

EG6Driver- $600 for both sides or for each side? Hopefully both sides. I'm still not sure if I'd attempt it though. Once you get into it, it always looks worse than it did from the outside. Rust is Cancer for cars, there's always the chance it will return. I guess figure out how much money and time you'll be putting into your hatch. See if it is worth it.

Figure you can buy a stock EG with a good body for $2000 to $3000 for a minty low mileage Si. The you could sell your current one for some $$$ after you swap the parts over.

If I had known how bad my rust was below the surface, I would have looked at buying another EG and swapped my parts over. But in the end I feel better because I saved one EG from rusting to death :)

Keep us up to date on this project :woot:

Is the part on the lower right of the pic below the rocker panels you can get?
By EG6Driver
#4579 Exactly Teal, Just the way the guy described them, goes up a little into the fron and rear fender well. He quoted me $600.00 for both. I like you would hate to let this go to waste because it's the easy way out. Wouldn't you get more satisfaction knowing what it was and because of great efforts what it became. Rather than saving another $3,000, then trying to sell this one, re registering which is expensive, Im going to try and go for it...God willing!!!
By ChicagoMike
#4581 Well GL to ya!! Make sure you take lots of pics!! We like write ups around here. :D

Me personally, I'd just go get another car, something outta New Mexico or Arizona where they dont get snow. I was lucky enough to find a 92 hatch with zero rust, not even a bubble anywhere thank god. I just dont have the patience, or time to get into that kinda project. I HATE down time.
By EG6Driver
#4596 No, I know nothing about body work, I need to find someone to do it on the side. In response to Addictive, I live in Ct, there is no way I could get a car here. I would be talking 2,000 miles minimum.
By eg-civic-racer
#4598 i hear that bro!! The only way you get good models over here in Scotland is
A: an import
B: a garaged granny mobile
C: someone else who has spent the money! :)
By EG6Driver
#4607 Do you guy's think this is top most on the priority list or should I put money elsewhere and save this for down the road? There seems to be different schools of thought concerning this, so any input is greatly appreciated.