Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Mike
#3748 I really need help on how to do this. I figured it was not as relivent to post pictures of it because everyone here who would be answering me knows for the most part how this part is attached.

92' Civic Si Hatchback. Rear wing.

Currently there are 2-3 of the screws / nuts that have rusted away or broken due to wear. So basicly I've been rolling around by it holding on by 1-2 screws. The only problem is, I can not seem to figure out how to get these last screws off. Like the nut faces me when looking at it, and you would think a simple socket wrench or something of the sort would be enough to remove it. Although this is not the case, there is a small plastic black casing that goes over these nuts, it is fastened on their extremely well. I'm guessing i have to take these off, but I cant find a tool anywhere in my garage to take it off, they are extremlet tight, and are right to the base of the wing bracket, so i cant wedge it out with anything.

Any Ideas would be great. (also note, im only just 18 years old, so dont know my way around a car that great, nor tools much. And the reason im removing it now finally is because it looks like the snow is finally leaving us and I'm attaching the CF wing because its staying in the garage until my arm is healed anyways.)

Thanks again.
By asianrob
#3749 lift the hatch there is 4 total nuts (10 mm) un bolt those and lift up and volia wingless hatch
By Mike
eg8ferio wrote:lift the hatch there is 4 total nuts (10 mm) un bolt those and lift up and volia wingless hatch

used the 10 mm on the nuts and they would not budge, used wd-40, waited a bit and tried again, still nothing.

pushed and pried at the plastic peices for a little, used more wd-40 and loosened them up good, used the 10mm socket wrench once more and they came off like butter.
By asianrob
#3770 cool sucks that those bolts were almost froze! time to get some shiny news hehe
By ChicagoMike
#3773 The one's on my car were a pain in the ass too, so you're not alone on that one. I was getting sooo pissed I almost chewed the wing off. :lol:
By asianrob
#3788 werd none of my wings were hard to get off
By Mike
#3791 :lol: Another Teaser pic.

Thats whats going on there, tomorrow or so. Came with mounting hardware aswell.
By EG6Driver
#4690 Now that's a perty little item you got there. I can't wait to get to the point where I can start putting nice shiny new things on my hatch...