Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By kalash
#358968 Hi guys, I saw a couple projects with rattle can paints and they look nice, and since it's been hard to find a captiva blue hood near me I need to do something to my own to make it look better....
About 3 months ago someone put something on my hood and it started to burn the clearcot and it looks awfull :cry:
Well before you advice me to take it to a body shop I'll do that but not now, it needs to be all painted and I'll do that on the next year cause I wanna put new roof seals and change some parts to carbon fiber, so for now I just want to give it a better look, cause it starts to look like I don't treat my car, but the thing is that without the clearcoat even the wax don't protect or look any better..... Enough for the talk and let me ask you advices....

Where do you buy the paint with the same colour of our hondas???? Mine is captiva blue, b62p....
How much do you think that I'll need to paint my hood????
Do you use primer???? or just sand the remaining paint\clearcoat to have it leveled and put the paint over it without primer?????
What clearcoat do you use??? And how much?????

By the way, I'm from Portugal, so I think that will make a bit harder to find the paint, but if you know some online store on europe that's ok.....

If I can do it cheaper than find and buy a hood from the uk I'll do the rattle can magic, if not well I don't know, maybe put a black hood and roof and hope that it'll look good :(

Thanks
By rusty_eg3
#358972 You might find shops that sell car paint. I live in Europe too, in Romania, and next week I will go to a shop like this and buy a can of Milano Red R81. They usually sell paint in large containers (5l) but they can make you a can or two if you want. You'll need two 500 ml cans for the hood. If you sand the surface well enough, you won't need to prime it. Primer is usually used on bare metal. As for the clear coat maybe try and find this one: http://www.motipdupli.com/fileadmin/_mi ... -400ml.jpg. We have it here in Romania, you might find it too. Good luck.
By kalash
#358985 I'll try to find that clear coat, not sure if I can find that locally but if I saw it online I'll take it....
I've already had a couple cans custom made for me, but the colour was off, even on the third and last mix the colour was off, it's similar but not the same, seems that the blue pigment isn't enough.... Well if I can find a pre-mixtured can I'll try my luck with that, I feel that it'll be easier to look similar to the rest of the car.... I found a couple websites saying that motip have a b62p can, I can't remembre the motip code for them but did you what line of paint I'm talking about????? It's the motip perfect match..... Currently looking for that can near me....
By kalash
#359010 I'm aware of that..... But in europe we can post by ground to almost any country, the only bad thing is that the shipping is most of the times a bit expensive for being international but the countries aren' t as dar as some states in the usa.....
I found a company online based on germany that sell motip and duplicolor, I sent a mail asking for price and availability, now we wait. .... I'll make sure that I post before and after pics of my hood.....
Slowly start my long term restoration ;)