Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By rustyrex
#318685 I have a 95 hatch. I need some help. How do I take off the moulding around the windshield ecspecially the sides? Also where can I buy replacement clips and new mouldings? The previous owner tried taking the passenger side off and broke everything and decided to use clear windshield sealant to keep the rain out. Now I have this crap to grind out ontop of replacing the glass and moulding.
By rustyrex
#318689 The dealer by my house says they can't get them. How do I remove the moulding on the drivers side with out destroying it?
By teal_dx
#318728 I had trouble finding them too. Sucky thing is the clips are so old and brittle that they are 99% sure to break when removing the trim. When I got a new windshield, the installer had to do it the way you described... put the sealant on thick and press the trim onto that.
By rustyrex
#318736 So I should just count on breaking them. I just hate the way my car looks with the missing passenger side and the drivers side is starting to pop up. This winter I want to do the paintand body work so I will wait until then to do the trim