Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By EGandMe
#307685 Hey guys, its EGandMe. Still fairly new here and I was wondering if there was a diy for tail light installation on the hatchbacks? I ordered my jdm tail lights and was planning on installing them myself. I downloaded the 92-95 pdf for the car which covers everything and I'm pretty sure I can do it myself, its just I'm so new to everything that I'd feel more comfortable following another guide. If there is no DIY then it's cool (I'll be the first to make one for others). From what I know you just unbolt the side panelings and its plug and play from there? Anything else I should know? Will unplugging my taillights and replacing them with the new ones reset or mess up any of the electrical wiring? any tips would be great. thanks everyone! :D
By gtstripes
#307689 very simple, put your head in the boot and look at where the tail lights are, you should see 4 nuts (may be different from sedan) and yeah unscrew and wiggle them out :thumb:
By teal_dx
#307697 The only Thing to watch out for is Don't drop the nuts that screw on to the back of the tail light. Sometimes when they fall they go down inside the panel and it's a pain to reach them. Also be sure the black foam gaskets are in good condition or you may get a water leak inside. :thumb:
By gtstripes
teal_dx wrote:The only Thing to watch out for is Don't drop the nuts that screw on to the back of the tail light. Sometimes when they fall they go down inside the panel and it's a pain to reach them. Also be sure the black foam gaskets are in good condition or you may get a water leak inside. :thumb:

^ true !
By FG2_Andrew
#307705 someone sticky this DIY ;)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By EGandMe
#307782 Thanks alot guys for the suggestions. My tail lights are coming in soon so I'll go on ahead and do a DIY when I attempt it. Thanks again!

Also, maybe off topic, but I noticed one of my corner headlights kinda wiggle out of place. When I kinda wiggle it to see inside...it looks like a piece that holds it in just snapped off...wtf do I do. Theres like condensation going on inside the light so I kind of want to get it fixed before it oxidizes. thanks!