Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By chewse
#303474 Hey guys I've got aftermarket headlight with separate high and low beam bulbs..when the highs go on the lows go off and vice versa..I wanna put hid's in my low beams but before I do I'd like to know if there's anyway to mod the lights so that the low beams stay on when the highs are engaged...I've also noticed that if I pull the light switch stalk half way that all lights would stay on
By teal_dx
#303479 I don't know about where you live but in my state (and most others I thought) you can get a ticket if you drive with your high and low lights on at the same time.

Also think about the amps that all your lights are going to be pulling. As fickle as the headlight wiring is on our car, I wouldn't want to run all the lights at once.
By chewse
#303486 Well I don't live in the US and we have no laws against this...I have thought about possibly overloading the headlight circuit but I think that a relay can be used in this mod..I just need a little guidance before I go cutting and splicing wires...cus won't want my hid's constantly goin on and off as it takes dem a few seconds to warm up
By couch_c
#303514 I was actually wondering the same thing, I heard they have relays out there for this but high beams are really blinding, I was thinking if you hook it up to the parking lights it would be more dimmer bc of less current, basically transforming the highbeams into city lights, but idk, just a thought.
By chewse
#303539 Guys maybe I didn't make myself clear...I have no probs with the high beams...I just need the low beams to always be on when I turn my headlights on....as it is now when u flip to high beams the lows would go off I just need them to stay on when d highs go and for d highs to work normally....I've a few sites where the guys with chevy trucks are doin it easily with a relay