Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By yashep
#30055 Hey guys, I think I'm going to be ban for asking so many questions. I went to a body shop yesterday to order my paint ('93 civic teal BG29P-4) and a client that was on the shop ask me who was going to paint the car and I told him that I was going to do it. He started laughing and told me that if i didn't pay attention my car was gonna end up like a zebra. when the seller came back to give me the receip order (I'm picking up the paint later, just have the money now) I ask him if this was true and he told me that I didn't have to worry cause that only happen to flake paints that as long as I make sure that I spray it a little dry I'll be good, maybe I'm wrong but as many of you know teal paint does have sparkle on it. Maybe no big flakes but it does have flaky look. :? Is this true? how should I spray this paint. By the way the paint is a Color base 333 from Valspar i've seen a couple of paint jobs done with this and is pretty decent for the price. Anyone? Tealdx :D
By Graham
#30058 Ive painted parts of my car and it came out fine, you'll get on okay :thumb:

Heres a part of mine i had painted, its even shinier now

Just have a go and keep trying till you get it right, ive learned loads about painting but never been shown properly, just trial and error
By yashep
#30064 That pannel looks awesome. And I think it's true trial and error that's why I'm buying more paint than I really need, to be able to fix any errors I make.
Thanx :thumb:
By teal_dx
#30065 yes light coats will be good. it is a metallic, so there is always a chance you could get zebra stripes. I'd practice on something first and you'll get the hang of it. :thumb:
By Graham
#30079 Yeah that panel turned out good cos i spent ages priming it and making it super smooth, then about 4000000 light coats - when i did my sunroof i put on too much at once, it didnt run but went all stripey :cry:

But at the end of the day, its only paint so if you mess up, just sand it smooth and paint over it - ive had to do that a few times :lol:
By yashep
#30083 Thanx teal and graham you guys are always helpful, props to the both of ya. :woot: :thumb: :woot:
If the rain allow it I'll, finishing the bodywork on sunday and on monday I'm starting with the spray. I'll put pics of everything 8) .