Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By chewse
#258646 Hey guys I've had this leak on the passenger side for sometime now and cus it wasn't that bad I really haven't found the time to have it repaired (body shop says dash as to be removed so that any rust and holes and can be repaired) but lately it has began to rain more heavily and frequently and the leak seemed to have gotten worse so here's wat I did : I got a can of this stuff: Image
and decided to seal the area ( I apologies for not having any befroe photos) but here are the results: Image
This is the area beneath the the wiper cowl where the water seems to be seeping in ... As u can see in the pic the foam expanded so much that the a.c vent became blocked the foam is cuttable after it cures( in about an hour) but I choose to leave it that way
I then decided to seal the entire seam it was a bit tricky to get the nozzle of the can past the windshield wiper arms and motor and also the foam will have to be trimmed in that area after it has expande cures to avoid the wiper arms rubbing on the foam ( makes a horrible sound when the wipers are activated). Its still raining and I can't find any leaks ..just waiting to see how long its gonna last
By chewse
teal_dx wrote:Except that the foam will hold moisture and accelerate rust :thumbdown:

I took this into consideration...hence the reason why this a temporary fix
By chewse
teal_dx wrote:Except that the foam will hold moisture and accelerate rust :thumbdown:

I took this into consideration...hence the reason why this a temporary fix and also this foam is like styrofoam and I don't think it absorbs water
By TrailerTrash
#258704 i get where your coming from but you pretty much just filled an already rusty area with instant sponge in a can