Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By EGb18c
#241695 im thinking of re-doing the front end of my eg hatch and replacing it with a jdm teg front end. want to find out as much info on this as i can. if i need to change fenders and other things aswell. . any kind of contribution welcome . thnaks
By teal_dx
#241730 in addition to sheet metal, the core/radiator support might need to be switched too I would think.

I've seen it on coupes and it looks decent when done right but the nose looks long on the shorter body of the hatchback IMO.

If you attempt, I'd like to see the progress and results. :thumb:
By EGb18c
#241817 looking for pics and advice. and maby some info from someone that has experience doing the conversion. the conversion is a long light front.
By EGb18c
teal_dx wrote:in addition to sheet metal, the core/radiator support might need to be switched too I would think.

I've seen it on coupes and it looks decent when done right but the nose looks long on the shorter body of the hatchback IMO.

If you attempt, I'd like to see the progress and results. :thumb:

will have a project thread on this. just want to get info and ideas before i start the project.
By butta75
#241910 It looks ok on a coupe, but as they already said it looks way too long on a civic. heres some pics though
By Jayryan
#241924 this is not a project for the faint hearted to be honest man serious work needed here your talking about the whole front end thats every panel and structural parts too i see my freind try it with just the panels but as he found out you need to do structural work to the front to extend it and also it really doesnt look that nice on hatch but then again its your choice
By EGb18c
Jayryan wrote:this is not a project for the faint hearted to be honest man serious work needed here your talking about the whole front end thats every panel and structural parts too i see my freind try it with just the panels but as he found out you need to do structural work to the front to extend it and also it really doesnt look that nice on hatch but then again its your choice

i know theres a lot of work involved but im going all out on this one
By dbrooks
#242095 I think that looks better on the hatch, but that doesnt mean that I like it. Ha I think it would be one of those things that would look 100% different in person. Good luck though!