Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By LaosToaster
#228383 i see a few civic owners cut their grille on the oem bumpers, some do it for looks some needa cut it off for turbo application for their intercooler.

what do y'all think? im thinking of cutting mine off for looks :P
By Ajax1989
#228387 dont, it weakins the bumper and your radiator is more open to thing busting a hole in it, exp that 1st hand :thumbdown:
By jayEGR
#228394 agree^ unless its has a turbo but i wouldnt do it it leaves for thives also to see wtf you got :thumb: just my opi.
By LaosToaster
#228402 alright thanks for the info. when i painted my bumper i didnt like the look of the grille showing so i jus taped it up and left it black so in some angles it looks like i dont have a grille.
By sk8killa180
#228408 when i got my eg it allwready had the oem grill taken out and the fog holes cut out and replaiced with ricer mesh and i relly wish i had the oem grill
By Ajax1989
LaosToaster wrote:alright thanks for the info. when i painted my bumper i didnt like the look of the grille showing so i jus taped it up and left it black so in some angles it looks like i dont have a grille.

ya thats my opion as well i cut my sedan bumper, and i had a nice size rock bounc up and put bout a dollar coin size hole in my radaitor and u can still see the mark on the tranny where it his

but its up to you, if i didnt cut my bumper thats an extra 100 bucks i could have saved for something else
By Evobeast
#231846 i just got an eg. it was turbo'd before i got it but now has a b16a2 with ctr pistons. i don't know a whole lot about the car yet, but the grill was cut out to fit the previous intercooler.. i don't like it at all, its too open for me.. and besides, the hood cable snapped on the previous owner, so he welded a long bolt onto the latch so you can reach in and flick it open :s
By DontHateonEG8
Evobeast wrote:i just got an eg. it was turbo'd before i got it but now has a b16a2 with ctr pistons. i don't know a whole lot about the car yet, but the grill was cut out to fit the previous intercooler.. i don't like it at all, its too open for me.. and besides, the hood cable snapped on the previous owner, so he welded a long bolt onto the latch so you can reach in and flick it open :s

no bueno!! :o
By LogiTech
#232545 Does a grille guard count on this thread? I was looking for some good brand that you might have there in your basket. Thanks mates!
By LaosToaster
#232546 lol u mean those metal guards that SUVs and police cars have? nahh not that, ive seen one on an old school accord, FUHHCKin ugly :thumbdown: . i dont even kno why it had one in the first place
By Ecc0
#232623 I cutting the back of my grill but trying to keep the front as don't think civics look right without it or meshed but that's my opinion
By Chance
teal_dx wrote:I like when the grill is left as black plastic unpainted. It doesn't stand out :thumb:

Same here!
By LaosToaster
robster wrote:I have a black mesh in my bumper

its clean :thumb: