Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jred
#228278 well i bought a eg9 recently and the left rear door is stuck shut, the power locks work fine so its not the lock "i think", it jus wont open, from the 0tside nor the inside...like as if its glued shut or sum thing
i tried kicking from the inside "no sucess" yanking from the outside "no sucess"
any one experience this before? how do i open this door??
By asianrob
#228279 might have to take the door panel off and try to pull on one of the bars that activates the lock mechanism
By 44khan
#349769 Same problem here.. Can anyone help please.. Cant open door. Have to get into the car like dukes of hazard. :cry:
By Driv-it-hard
asianrob wrote:might have to take the door panel off and try to pull on one of the bars that activates the lock mechanism

It has happened to me in the past as well. Just be careful when you pry on the mech that you don't mess up the door. Sometime's the cause is the catch U that is the on the frame. The two screws come loose and it sticks the door up.
Take your time.

Also, try taking of the fender and removing the bolts that hold the hinges. You might need more hands for this. With some hold the front of the door at a different angle may free the lock.
By jred
#349794 This post was made like 4 years ago :lol:

I eventually got the door open, my problem was due to the child lock being activated...
Can't remember exactly how I undid it, but i remember i had to remove the door upholstery " which was very hard to do when the door is closed, then i had to use a wire or screwdriver "can't remember" to fish and pull up the child lock, and the door opened :thumb: