Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ghskid06
#222185 Parts of my car are currently in primer, but im in a hurry to get them painted, is it ok to paint this close to winter? The car will be stored outside overnight and driven daily through the season.
By teal_dx
#222191 I think the paint would take longer to cure sitting out at night. But this week the high is going to be around 60° up here so it wold be a great week to paint :thumb:
Probably the last nice week. :(
By JUICE
#222194 i'd wait. put the money aside. i feel like it's about to be an extra shitty winter. save yourself the headaches/heartaches of your fresh paint getting destroyed by ice and snow :D
By {ikon}EM1
#222222 60 is ur high???!!! Geez that's like our low here in florida... id wait till spring to do it like what juice said... if it messes up then u have to do it over... do it right the first time and just wait till spring or summer :thumb:
By OleFolk
{ikon}EM1 wrote:60 is ur high???!!! Geez that's like our low here in florida... id wait till spring to do it like what juice said... if it messes up then u have to do it over... do it right the first time and just wait till spring or summer :thumb:

its not the high temp but its defiantly nice to see 60 degrees in ohio
because our winters usually go negative
Cleveland is already land locked
and then you get this thing called the snow belt in north eastern ohio ....
youd understand when you have to shovel your way out of your house just to dig your car out of 4 feet of snow
oh boy. Im in jersey this winter im kinda happy
By chrono404
#222249 If you have a heated Garage you can paint it and let it cure in then go for the gold. I Plan on painting my Sedan EBP later this week in my heated garage. The downside is you need ventilation otherwise paint dust will get all over the place and you will get quite high. The Big thing is letting it Cure in a heated Garage.

I dont live in ohio however given the fact western washington is low of 34F and a high of 50F this week Im sure Ohio is comparable.
By ghskid06
#222380 thanks for the responses. Pretty much what i was expecting to hear. Although i was hoping for something else. lol. ill wait until after winter :cry: I do have access to a heated garage but overnight would be the longest i could leave it there.

JUICE Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'd wait. put the money aside. i feel like it's about to be an extra shitty winter. save yourself the headaches/heartaches of your fresh paint getting destroyed by ice and snow

yeahh i feel like that too. we are overdue for a hard winter. and with as nice as summer was it is going to have to balance out.