Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By MG6
#218974 Want to find out if there are methods out there you will like to share to prevent paint oxidation or to restore oxidation areas.

We all know the most common areas on the EG is the roof, side pillar, front hood, rear bumper, front bumper....
By hatchie
#219078 harsh rubbing compound followed by polished dont go through clearcoat...... if clearcoat gone then it just easier to get the car resprayed or add a clearcoat<<< professional though please alot of ppl think they can just do wonders by themselves and end up worse then when it started
By MG6
#219087 when the EG was new, does anyone know how many coat of clear they layered on? I feel like they only did a base clear and called it a day. :?
By hatchie
#219090 factory paint doesnt have "coats"

the car is dipped in paint not sprayed.
By MG6
#219091 gotcha. :thumb:
By teal_dx
hatchie wrote:factory paint doesnt have "coats"

the car is dipped in paint not sprayed.

:eh: hmmm not sure about that one...

Then why do many factory paint jobs have a small amount of orange peel to them?

Plus dipping a car in paint would mean a very thick single coat which would take forever to dry.
By hatchie
#219530 im 100% positive i went to school for painting ...... plus think of it this way .... theres no way youd be able to get paint in all the crevaces like bumper support and what not exspecially an even coat

i was taking on a trip to a factory to watch them get painted!!!

8) :D

SOME companys dont do it that way though like chevy and ford the have machines to paint em thats y if you look under most off the cars their not painted in full most is just undercoating... but when the undercoat comes off it just metal