What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By MilpitasEH2
#352527 Hey all! I noticed my car steering wheel shakes like crazy. I eliminated the solution of:

1) Alignment
2) Unbalanced wheels

Cause i had it aligned and balanced like 2-3 months ago.

So now i am wondering, do i need hubcentric rings for my enkei 92s?

the enkei size are 15 x 8 195/45/15. The bore diameter is 72.6mm and i believe the eg's hub center is 56.1. Not really too sure how it works, but education could work too. I've been reading as much posts as i can, and it seems all gibberish too me :?
By EconoBox
#352528 Most people assume that lugnuts are the only piece keeping their wheels centered and installed onto the hubs. While the lugnuts are the only nut holding the wheels onto the vehicle they do not properly center them on the hub. Wheels are designed to be "hubcentric", meaning the center bore hole on the wheel is designed by the manufacturer to be the correct size to mate with the hub to center the wheel with the hub. Aftermarket wheel manufacturers know that OEM manufacturers use many different hub sizes between vehicles so they machine the center hole large enough to fit many applications. If the center bore of your new wheels is larger than the OEM the wheels become "lugcentric" and are only held and centered by the lugnuts, which allows them to be slightly off center from the hub and the other wheels on the vehicle can all have this slight difference making the car feel shaky or unstable depending on how bad it is. The hubcentric rings are a small plastic or metal ring that fixes this issue. The inside of the ring will be the size to fit over your hub and the outside will sit tight into the wheel and they make the wheels "Hubcentric" again and solve these problems.

Here is a link to them :thumb:
http://www.amazon.com/pieces-Hubcentric-72-6mm-Aluminum-Hubrings/dp/B00DIK3KPG
By teal_dx
#352532 Definitely get a set of hubcentric rings. It will take the stress off of your wheel studs and put it on the hub where it was meant to be :thumb:
I'd spend the extra $$ on a metal (aluminum) set. I've seen plastic ones get hot and melt over time which makes them no fun to remove from the wheels, should you ever need to. The metal ones will always snap in nice. 8)
By MilpitasEH2
#352539 @EconoBox thanks for the link and for the information!! Really knowledgeable and easy to understand!

@teal_dx aww man! i didn't see your message and ended up getting the plastic ones...

But to whoever is in need of a solution, Hubcentric rings work!! my steering wheel is extremely less shakeable! Get them if you need them. Thanks again you two! :woot: