What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By PinoyH22EG
#333061 Goodmorning fellow civic owners, I've been contemplating getting some new wheels for my EG. I'm over the whole hellaflush scene and want to get rid of my meshies ASAP! So the questions I will be asking are
- what is the correct offset to get some aggressive look but not too stupid hanging out the guards (from Australia everything is condsidered a defect)
- what wheels do you recommend for stealth/race look
- and finally what tyres should I wrap the new wheels in!

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong part of the forum as I am brand new to this!
Thanks!! :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#333064 I personally like the buddy club p1 wheels.. nice light wheel, looks good
I would warp em in some nitto neogen 205/50 15's...

By teal_dx
#333065 I would go no wider than 15x7 and no lower than +32 on the offset. That will allow a 205/50R15 tire with no rubbing and/or minimal fender modification (depending on suspension setup)

A nice set of upgraded brake calipers and drilled/slotted rotors look great behind black wheels with a lot of space between the spokes, such as the P1's :thumb:

Black wheels tend to call out the lugs & brake setup more than other wheel finishes do. :thumb:

What is your budget? Are you looking for lightweight?
By PinoyH22EG
teal_dx wrote:I would go no wider than 15x7 and no lower than +32 on the offset. That will allow a 205/50R15 tire with no rubbing and/or minimal fender modification (depending on suspension setup)

A nice set of upgraded brake calipers and drilled/slotted rotors look great behind black wheels with a lot of space between the spokes, such as the P1's :thumb:

Black wheels tend to call out the lugs & brake setup more than other wheel finishes do. :thumb:

What is your budget? Are you looking for lightweight?

My budget can be roughly 1.5k I'm looking for lightweight wheels too, my car is currently silver and I am hoping to paint it black, my original thought on some wheels were actually black p1s (wanted the stealth look) as I have a h22 engine I need a brake upgrade etc so I was already thinking what rims to get and sizes

Edit: I also have bc racing coilovers
By mADmAN
#333537 to give u an idea of how 15x7 +33 looks like on a hatch

CE28s are sick wheels too.
By PinoyH22EG
mADmAN wrote:to give u an idea of how 15x7 +33 looks like on a hatch

CE28s are sick wheels too.

That looks sick! Wicked offset man!
What wheels are they? In thinking slipstreams or rota gt3
By mADmAN
#333740 5Zigen FN01R-C (with 205/50/15 Federal 595 RS-R)

(not the becketts version)

rear has a -1.5 camber but the front is at -0.1 (having front camber issues at the time pic was taken... still having those issues unfortunately)
By mADmAN
#333791 no idea man... it used to have -1.5 on the fronts (with Rota Auto X)...but when i installed the current wheels, i wanted a -2.5...but the front passenger (RHD car) could only go a max -0.1 even with the buddyclub camber kit at max....drivers side at max could get -2.5 no problem.

bushings seem to be in good order... nothing bent... so really dont know wats wrong... havent had the time to go to a diff workshop to sort it out

as for ur wheel choices... in my view slipstreams/spoon/regamaster is so overly done with EGs.... in fact, over here in malaysia u can see practically every type/brand/model of car with that design due to the many cheap taiwan replicas around. if u still wanna get this... id get the 15x8 +35.

since ur in australia... id go with the Limited Edition BuddyClub P1 SF

always loved 15x8...but the only ones available here in that width are with stupid hellaflushthetoilet offset.

but the P1QF in 15x7 +35 would be awesome too... and lighter than the SF
By Apexracing
mADmAN wrote:no idea man... it used to have -1.5 on the fronts (with Rota Auto X)...but when i installed the current wheels, i wanted a -2.5...but the front passenger (RHD car) could only go a max -0.1 even with the buddyclub camber kit at max....drivers side at max could get -2.5 no problem.

bushings seem to be in good order... nothing bent... so really dont know wats wrong... havent had the time to go to a diff workshop to sort it out

as for ur wheel choices... in my view slipstreams/spoon/regamaster is so overly done with EGs.... in fact, over here in malaysia u can see practically every type/brand/model of car with that design due to the many cheap taiwan replicas around. if u still wanna get this... id get the 15x8 +35.

always loved 15x8...but the only ones available here in that width are with stupid hellaflushthetoilet offset.

Sounds like your suspension might be bent.
By PinoyH22EG
mADmAN wrote:no idea man... it used to have -1.5 on the fronts (with Rota Auto X)...but when i installed the current wheels, i wanted a -2.5...but the front passenger (RHD car) could only go a max -0.1 even with the buddyclub camber kit at max....drivers side at max could get -2.5 no problem.

Yea I really want some QFs but I can't find what I want is the problem, although I have found a cheap deal on some rpf1s
By mADmAN
Apexracing wrote:Sounds like your suspension might be bent.

u mean the absorbers themselves? or some other suspension component?

PinoyH22EG wrote:Yea I really want some QFs but I can't find what I want is the problem, although I have found a cheap deal on some rpf1s

take note that if ur running 282mm brake setup (i.e. H22A rotor+caliper aka EK9 aka 98spec DC2-R) the RPF-1 in +41 offset wont clear them... not sure about lower offset versions....although taiwan replicas with +35 seems to clear them just fine.

had 2 friends who were forced to sell off their ori wheels when they upgraded their brakes.
Last edited by mADmAN on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
By PinoyH22EG
mADmAN wrote:
Apexracing wrote:Sounds like your suspension might be bent.

u mean the absorbers themselves? or some other suspension component?

PinoyH22EG wrote:Yea I really want some QFs but I can't find what I want is the problem, although I have found a cheap deal on some rpf1s

take note that if ur running 282mm brake setup (i.e. H22A rotor+caliper aka EK9 aka 98spec DC2-R) the RPF-1 in +41 offset wont clear them... not sure about lower offset versions....although taiwan replicas with +35 seems to clear them just fine.

had 2 friends who were forced to sell off their ori wheels when they upgraded their brakes.

Crap, now I have no idea what rims I want
By mADmAN
#333894 LOL LOL LOL... u could also get 949racing wheels down in Australia

n look into the uber sexy Enkei PF01 as well

oh n ur from Adelaide? got an aunt there... who comes to malaysia every 2-3 years to visit the family...her son (my cousin) however, i havent seen in about 2 decades.