What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By Trix
#330019 well whenever i drive in the rain, well basically when i cant see in front of me lol, my car pulls very hard to the right, and when i try to correct it, it goes back onto the road just fine but sometimes it doesnt want to and just goes back right again, other times when im going up a hill im getting tire spin, plus the car pulling right, eventho sometimes it pulls left to...

Do you think i need new tires and alignment? or one or the other?
By Leppy
Trix wrote:well whenever i drive in the rain, well basically when i cant see in front of me lol, my car pulls very hard to the right, and when i try to correct it, it goes back onto the road just fine but sometimes it doesnt want to and just goes back right again, other times when im going up a hill im getting tire spin, plus the car pulling right, eventho sometimes it pulls left to...

Do you think i need new tires and alignment? or one or the other?

Are your tires directional? if they aren't, swap your left and right fronts and see if it reacts differently. if they ARE direction, swap front and rear and see if there is a difference.

If it pulls differently, then it's the tires to blame. If you still pull the same after the swap, get your alignment checked.
By Trix
#330022 tires arent directional, the ones on my si rims were but had to sell those for my trip to hawaii, so im back to the stock steelies, and since its been raining the past 5 days non stop doesnt help much
By teal_dx
#330027 So the steering was fine until you put the steelies back on? How do the tires on the steelies look? Any uneven wear?

Even with a good alignment, unevenly worn tires will cause a car to pull.
By Trix
#330028 when i got the car teal, the driving was fine on the steelies, never had to si rims out in the rain, but there are un even patters in the tires
By Trix
#330029 a couple days ago was the first time i have driven the car in the rain

the car needs alignment and was wondering if tires are to blame to, since this shit is scary to drive in the rain with the car pulling like that, no the car is the same...
By teal_dx
Trix wrote:the car needs alignment...

I think you just answered your own question :thumb:

It could be tires too, but you won't be able to troubleshoot with a bad alignment.
By Leppy
teal_dx wrote:
Trix wrote:the car needs alignment...

I think you just answered your own question :thumb:

It could be tires too, but you won't be able to troubleshoot with a bad alignment.

^ this ^

Get an alignment done, then see what your tires do. Toe being out will destroy tires, so it's good to do anyway.
By Trix
#330093 haha ok guys just dont want to do anything major since i will be getting rid of the car in a few weeks