What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By rustyrex
#326314 I bought aset of rims off of craigslist about a month ago and sold them already. now i am gonna be buying a set of new rims. my question is why does it seem everyone with a 92-95 hatch runs 15's? i do plan on lowering my hatch eventually probably 2-3 inches and i do have a system in there that already lowers the rear about a inch or so. i am unsure if i should go with a 15x6, 15x6.5, or a 15x7. there are a set of rims that i really like but the company only offers them in a 16x6. im curious as to why not many people use a 16 inch rim.
By bigpunn421
#326318 width of the rims is more for tire width. imo

you can buy rims for looks and fit but i dont. i buy them for performance. my suggestion is to get the lightest rim you can.

if you want swangas my info is not for you.

another thing you need to research is the offset. the hub diameter is important too. hubcentric rings are needed for most aftermarket rims. if the offset is too much in either direction it will hurt the look and performance of your ride.

for me if i were to run a 235 tire i would want atleast 8" wide rims. so 7" rims about 215. on my 6.5" i run 205s. i would like the 195s better for that width for performance and getting the full tire to contact the rode.

some people like to stretch the tires on the rim. i would only suggest this if you have a track car. do not do it if you drive on streets. you will have tire blow outs on the street if you live in america with shit roads

if your tire is too wide and your rim is narrow when you turn it will feel sloppy. because the tire will have less sidewall strength. but if you drag its fine.

just take your time and research and you will find the best answer or soze for you.

if you need any help understanding anything pm me. i will try to answer all questions. some times i dont have time so dont think i am not paying attention.

good luck
By teal_dx
#326321 15" are usually lighter, have a better tire selection and a little cheaper than 16"

With a 16" you'll most likely be using a 40 series tire which will be a little less forgiving on rough roads.

16x6 is kind of an odd size... I'd look for a 16x7 +40 with 205/40R16 if you want to keep the overall wheel/tire close to stock specs. (16x6 will work too, just not as wide) :thumb:
By rustyrex
#326323 I am leaning towards a 15x6.6 or 15x7 with 195-55's. It's gonna be my daily driver and these rims and tire will never see a track. Just the occasional highway on ramp fun and highway fun. The rims I'm looking at weigh anywhere from 13.5-15.55 lbs each. Weight isn't a huge concern for me with daily rims. I know it plays a role in track times though.
By Civic_HatchSI
#326330 The 15's would defiantly be a good choice with a 55 or 50 series tire for a daily driver :thumb:
By teal_dx
rustyrex wrote:I am leaning towards a 15x6.6 or 15x7 with 195-55's. It's gonna be my daily driver and these rims and tire will never see a track. Just the occasional highway on ramp fun and highway fun. The rims I'm looking at weigh anywhere from 13.5-15.55 lbs each. Weight isn't a huge concern for me with daily rims. I know it plays a role in track times though.

I'd go with 195/50R15 on a 92-95 civic. I think that will keep the speedo closest to stock.
Here's some pics of 195/50R15 on 15x6.5 (front) and 15x7 (rear) wheels to give you an idea of the sidewall you'll have:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=178449
(bottom of page)
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=39& ... &start=240
(bottom of page)
By rustyrex
#326560 I found some rims but they have low pro tires. 195/45-15. How do you think that size will be?
By rustyrex
#326563 It's a set of drag wheels. They look like the advan 3 spokes with falken ziek tires for 700
By juls1488
rustyrex wrote:It's a set of drag wheels. They look like the advan 3 spokes with falken ziek tires for 700

700 could get you some brand new drags AND new tires from someplace like discounttiredirect, tirerack, or even ebay. something like this
not the same wheel, but you get the idea.
By rustyrex
#326566 I have been searching for months. I really like the drag Dr9, Dr23, Dr,21 and they have this voxx rim I really like. I will look when I get home tonight.