What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By xhardlinerx
#323618 I was going to buy a donut spare tire that was off a 93 integra from craigslist.

Anyone know how much the donut spare tires weigh?

If a 14" wheel weighs the same as a donut then I will get the 14" . (If i can find one at a junk yard)

I was thinking of 14" steelies, 14" or 15" wheels with plastic cover fake rims compared to the weight of a donut spare tire.

If the weight difference is only like 5 pounds then I will get the bigger tire.

If i do buy the spare tire, I will weigh it and post it.
Last edited by xhardlinerx on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By HeikDiesel
#323622 Spare tires don't have the speed ratings needed for normal driving. That will be where most of your weight will come into play. Just buy a normal wheel/tire.
By xhardlinerx
HeikDiesel wrote:Spare tires don't have the speed ratings needed for normal driving. That will be where most of your weight will come into play. Just buy a normal wheel/tire.

Thanks but I was just going to use the spare in case my tire had a hole and I would just drive it for a day untill I got a new tire to for my 15" Si wheels.
By xhardlinerx
#323625 Would it be okay to drive for about 50 miles if I had three 15" tires with one 13" or 14" inch spare tire?
By rustyrex
#323626 spares are not designed to go above a certain speed or over a certain mileage. they are also designed to be the same height as the rest of your rims and tires that came on the car factory.
By teal_dx
#323668 The donut will be horrible to drive on if:
1. your car is lowered
2. your other wheels/tires are bigger than factory

I had a flat and put the spare on, set the car back on the ground and laughed. I was 40 miles from home so I had a friend near by bring up a spare 15" wheel/tire to drive on. Donut is sketchy and only used as a last resort. Upgrading to a full size spare is a good idea if you drive a lot. :thumb:
By nd1983
#323670 i was running some American racing rims on my 91, got a flat, swapped on the spare. i couldn't remove the jack the spare was just soo small, so now i need a full size 14" spare in the trunk.

whats the reason for the weight save? mpg? cause if thats the reason you're gonna kick yourself when you have to swap tires.

remember DO NOT put a donut on a drive wheel, unless you want to swap trannies, as it will shorten the life of the spider gear quick.