What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By jadeydrag0117
#280516 yeah your right i dont know much about it, anyways i read first i need a chamber kit to straighten it then i i heard i didnt then i after that im being told i need one
By dbrooks
#280517 Get a camber kit if you want your wheels straight up and down.

Negative camber will happen anytime you lower your car unless you have a camber kit.
By jadeydrag0117
#280519 definatley going to take everyones advise and get chambers.
By jadeydrag0117
#280521 after you setup the chamber kits and the coilovers, get it alighned, will the tires be safe??
By TrailerTrash
#280522 once the camber kits are properly adjusted and you get an alignment the tires will be fine. u can run visibly negative camber without much overwear on the tires as long as the toe isnt off
By teal_dx
TrailerTrash wrote:once the camber kits are properly adjusted and you get an alignment the tires will be fine. u can run visibly negative camber without much overwear on the tires as long as the toe isnt off

Truth in bold. So many people, even tire shops, will tell you that negative camber causes inner tire wear. The amount of inner tire wear from negative camber is almost nothing compared to toe out. Toe out happens when you lower our cars because of the suspension geometry causes the front wheels to be pointing slightly away from each other. Toe out can destroy the insides of front tires in a week or less.
By jadeydrag0117
#280582 wow i just learned a bunch of crap in two days :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#280592 For wheels, OFFSET is everything no matter how wide or narrow the wheel itself is. Size doesnt effect how the wheel sits on the car, just how tall it is. The bigger the wheel, the shorter the sidewall of the tires have to be to keep the original diameter good so that the speedo isnt all whacked out.

Stock tires on most EG(EH) civics are 185/65R14 unless you have the 13" wheel and then should switch to 14s or 15s anyway. The only Civic that got any other size than that would be the Si Hatch, which got 185/60R14.

To keep the same(or close) overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo and go with a 15" wheel you would need a 195/50R15 tire, even though 205/50 is a popular choice.

Anything bigger than a 16" wheel on an EG(EH) is just too big IMO. I have a few sets of wheels for my car and only one rubs at all. Mainly because of the tires I have on it.