What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By Ajax1989
#280268 it all depends on what u want

15's are ideal for hondas
By jadeydrag0117
#280272 for me i got 14"s ..i was going to get coilovers and lower it hella much, but i dont want it to rub
By Ajax1989
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:for me i got 14"s ..i was going to get coilovers and lower it hella much, but i dont want it to rub

roll your fenders and get camber kits

i have a 15x6.5 +35 wheel with a 195/50/r15 tire and i USED to have my car on the floor.. my exhaust would scrape

here is a pic
see how the tires are leaning inwards

with enuf camber and fender roll you can be hella low
By jadeydrag0117
#280285 i want my tires to be factory straight though, could i still drop it without having any toe in or out, and not get rubed
By Ajax1989
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:i want my tires to be factory straight though, could i still drop it without having any toe in or out, and not get rubed

ok in that case.. get camber kits roll your fenders and get a 15in wheel with a 195/50-r15 tire.. lower your car to the ideal height and then get an alignement... have the shop put ur toe and 0 and ur camber at 0
By jadeydrag0117
#280290 is there a way without getting the fender rolled and chamber kits? and just drop it and put a specific tire size for 14s??
By Ajax1989
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:is there a way without getting the fender rolled and chamber kits? and just drop it and put a specific tire size for 14s??

when you lower a car.. it natually cambers in.. the camber kit is to bring the tires back to the uprite postion... so u cant lower ur car and have the tires str8

and a good tire for 14s are 185/60/14
By jadeydrag0117
#280293 wel really you'd have to adjust the chamber kits to get it straight, which you could have done by getting them alighned.
By Ajax1989
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:wel really you'd have to adjust the chamber kits to get it straight, which you could have done by getting them alighned.

the ONLY alignment angle u can adjust from the factory is TOE....

hince why people buy camber kits...

so they can adjust there camber
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
the ONLY alignment angle u can adjust from the factory is TOE....

this. if u take your car down to an inch from the ground and your wheels are so negative they are only running on an inch of the inside of the tire and u take it to get alighned they arent going to be able to fix anything other than the toe. I don't even know if they would attempt to do that though... they will probably just laugh at u
By teal_dx
#280352 If you do a mild drop say 2" or less, and go with a wheel/tire that isn't too aggressive, you'll be OK. Yeah you'll have a little more negative camber than you did before. But it won't be anything crazy like the stanced out cars have. Just get an alignment after lowering so that the toe can be corrected and you'll be fine. It is toe-out that chews up tires fast.
For the wheels, 14 or 15 is ideal. 16 or bigger increases your chance of rubbing.
So lets go with 15" as an example because that's the most common size.
Don't go any wider than 15x7. Most aftermarket wheels come in 15x6.5 or 15x7. This is a safe width to avoid rubbing. Another important measurement is offset. Keep the offset of the wheels somewhere between +35 and +45 and you won't need to roll your fender.

That's how to lower your car and keep it practical. If you wanted to slam it and do the rolling & camber kits, then that's another story.
By jadeydrag0117
teal_dx wrote:If you do a mild drop say 2" or less, and go with a wheel/tire that isn't too aggressive, you'll be OK. Yeah you'll have a little more negative camber than you did before. But it won't be anything crazy like the stanced out cars have. Just get an alignment after lowering so that the toe can be corrected and you'll be fine. It is toe-out that chews up tires fast.
For the wheels, 14 or 15 is ideal. 16 or bigger increases your chance of rubbing.
So lets go with 15" as an example because that's the most common size.
Don't go any wider than 15x7. Most aftermarket wheels come in 15x6.5 or 15x7. This is a safe width to avoid rubbing. Another important measurement is offset. Keep the offset of the wheels somewhere between +35 and +45 and you won't need to roll your fender.

That's how to lower your car and keep it practical. If you wanted to slam it and do the rolling & camber kits, then that's another story.

right on
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: