What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By bcolladonet
#277286 ok ok i have seen a lot of burn tip muffler lot of heat headers and noechrome rim and lugs well my question is what is neochrome paint?power coat?or heat treatment? what is it? im dying to do this on my wheels

some pics:

By civiceg09
#277351 anodised.. its like crhome but depending on the temp of the dip is the color then they get clear coat powder coat .. last forever looks awsome.. i have those lugnuts..
By 1ACarlos
#277415 Those looks pretty cool
By eg-guy
#277436 that is an awesome color/s, im in to know also
By civiceg09
#277448 anodising just like chrome depending the work or money spent is what u get..
By bcolladonet
civiceg09 wrote:anodising just like chrome depending the work or money spent is what u get..

you know any shop here in FL that do it
By civiceg09
#277550 a biker guy told me about one in wpb an one in miami .. but dont know 100%
By Gustavo
#277552 Some guy was selling a valve cover like that last year at Import Face-Off. Looked pretty cool.
By bcolladonet
civiceg09 wrote:a biker guy told me about one in wpb an one in miami .. but dont know 100%

damm i have to look around cuz i really want that for my wheels
By k-series
#277586 Anodizing is not like chroming except at the most basic level. Yes, a metal object is lowered into a charged liquid solution, but chrome is a build up of many metals and then polished to perfection. Anodizing is a VERY thin layer of color applied to a VERY clean and prepped surface. It's so thin, that it can EASILY be scratched off (look at most fuel fittings).

The process pictured is VERY similar to anodizing and would thus NOT BE very durable (when you look at the shift knob). However, the wheels are done with a different process that MAY involve chrome and if that's the case, might be pretty durable.

Powder coating is an excellent finish, but not as tough as chrome.

Steve
By civiceg09
#277613 it is thin and it chips or flakes but now they powder coat over it and it looks really good and last forever.. , and yes they do anodize over chrome it gives it a deep shine like a candy paint..

all in all it all depends on what u want to spend.
By k-series
#277616 They're doing a clear powder coat over it? Man...that doesn't sound like a durable finish if they have to lock it in with powder clear.

I'd rather get something done with the spectra coat system and get a nice clear coat with that then the multi stage process these parts have to go through.

Steve
By civiceg09
#277618 tru .. im just saying what some do.. imo.. wheels should either be polished pwder coat or chrome.. other than that .. its gonna chip.. but it all depends on the person and how u drive it..
By k-series
#277642 No, that's cool. Don't take my criticism personally, I was just thinking out loud. :)

Steve