What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By d-mon
azn12345 wrote:I think the size of the wheel itself is the problem. The size of the hx wheel is 14x5.5 +45. I also think all 92-95 ex coupe/sedans have bigger front brakes. If you want to run the hx wheels on your ex, get some spacers.

this
92-00 ex civics have bigger front disk/calipers than dx/vx civics.
thats also why if you do a rear disk upgrade on your dx, you should get the ex front disk/knuckles to, because the fronts do most of the stopping.
By lunaticracer21
#289418 You just need spaceers in the front I used washers and then they fit fine
By Ecc0
lunaticracer21 wrote:You just need spaceers in the front I used washers and then they fit fine

Wow is it me or does this sound like the most dangerous way to space your wheels?

How's you wheel balancing at high speeds???
By lunaticracer21
#289464 It was fine as long as all the washers are the same size
By teal_dx
#289505 I'd use a real spacer because the wheel still has the full surface area to sit on. When you use washers, there is only a small fraction of the wheel making contact with the hub and all the stress from cornering and bumps is being channeled through 4 washers while putting more stress on the wheel studs. Really bad idea... accident waiting to happen :shock: