What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By eg_323
#255857 I am planning on getting some wheels, and was planning on going 15x8.
I'm just not sure if that's the "ideal" size for an eg hatch. Also I am not sure if I should get an offset on them. I am not going for a flush style I just want something that'll look nice. Plz help, give me some ideas and if possible show me some pictures. Thanks in advance.
By OleFolk
#255862 Ideal..
Might just be 15x6
But it also might depend on your entire setup
Check out the stickies under Wheels & Tires
They are pretty helpful in determining a decent wheel setup
Edit: Wheel weight is another important aspect you should consider
By teal_dx
#255894 15x7 or 15x6.5 is the ideal size for a 15" wheel for our cars. Our cars aren't heavy enough or powerful enough to need anything wider on the street, but wider can look good when done right and if you're willing to roll your fenders and go really low.

Not sure what style of wheel you're looking for or what you have as a budget.
By eg_323
#255922 I'm looking for some drags not sure which ones yet. I also use the car to touge and I've heard that the wider the wheel the more traction you get. That's what I am kind of going for something good but not to flashy, idk if you guys get me. Idk if it might help but I have some skunk2 pro s coilovers and the car is pretty slammed.
By teal_dx
#255924 A wider wheel will not get you more traction, a stickier tire will - to an extent.

If you have a purpose built track car, wider wheels can help. If you stuff some R compound 225 width tires on 8" wheels on your car, Yes the tires will stick to the road. But unless you have upgraded suspension to match (urethane bushings, sway bars, struts/springs, bracing, etc) then the extra grip will only transfer the force to the next weakest link in your suspension and the tires will be overkill.
The key to a building a well balanced handling car is to plan on getting components that are matched to work well together :thumb: