What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By redridinhood
#155933 I know stock wheels=stock lug nuts and vise versa. I have si's and really wanna run some colored lug nuts (sounds super rice i know lol) I was just wondering if there were any aftermarket ones that fit CORRECTLY. Or i was looking at how the wheels are aluminum but there inserts in the bolt holes that look to be steel, maybe they could be taken out and replaced to work with aftermarket lugs? sorry i know this is a huge waste of time i was just thinkin....... lol
By asianrob
#155935 as long as they have the correct seats it will be fine... (acorn style ass end with acorn style hole.. etc..
By teal_dx
#155942 They are hard to find because ball seat is not as common as tapered.
ball seat = radius = spherical = acorn = for oem wheels

conical = tapered = acorn = not for oem wheels
(yes i have seen both styles called acorn so watch out)

size is 12mm X 1.50" or M12X1.5

I believe Gorilla makes them too for our cars.

There's cheaper ones on ebay too.

I read once that OEM NSK lugs work too (black extended)
By asianrob
#155951 i had some like that from Skunk 2 and they worked with some Si wheels i had.
By redridinhood
asianrob wrote:i had some like that from Skunk 2 and they worked with some Si wheels i had.

they worked or they fit correctly? Because i have had aftermarket lugs on hx rims and they worked but when i looked closely they didn't fit the hone of stock wheels. Only the tip of the lug nut fit in they didn't seat properly
By asianrob
#155955 they worked and seated properly but looked ridiculous on SI rims...
By redridinhood
asianrob wrote:they worked and seated properly but looked ridiculous on SI rims...

ha ridiculous yea prob but i dunno there is just this immage in my head that seems sick. I would really love to get some kosei k1's but money is tight (whats new). Plust i love the si's but i want something diff than oem lugs (sprayed blue lugs look more rice than ones that stick out lol). I know this will get hated on if i do it but i build my car for me so bring on the hates lol. Thanks for the help everyone! You have told me the thread pattern but is there a way to tell if the honing/seating on an aftermarket lug is for stock or aftermarket?

Like i said its the dumbest question ever but i appreciate all your help
By dawg316
#156056 Image

you can use taperd lugs on oem wheels, they do fit but id only run them if i had a death wish.

there now alot of ebay sellers athat use acorn seat coloured lug nuts ( since last time i checked) just go check that out.

or you can just uses these
http://www.colorlugs.com/

color caps that slip right over your lugs.
By Gorveatt
#156073 I'd say the dumbest question ever would be "why do i breath?" or "why do i have to eat?" or "why do i poop?" something along that line
By PandaHatch
redridinhood wrote:
asianrob wrote:they worked and seated properly but looked ridiculous on SI rims...

ha ridiculous yea prob but i dunno there is just this immage in my head that seems sick. I would really love to get some kosei k1's but money is tight (whats new). Plust i love the si's but i want something diff than oem lugs (sprayed blue lugs look more rice than ones that stick out lol). I know this will get hated on if i do it but i build my car for me so bring on the hates lol. Thanks for the help everyone! You have told me the thread pattern but is there a way to tell if the honing/seating on an aftermarket lug is for stock or aftermarket?

Like i said its the dumbest question ever but i appreciate all your help

Its all in what YOU like. at least your doing it the right way! :thumb:
By redridinhood
#156109 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Muteki-O ... 45eecb802d

This is all i have found so far.... They arent fancy or extended length but atleast they would fit correctly and they arent spray painted oem lug nuts ahhahahah

Thanks for all the help guys! if anyone stumbles on an extended lug nut with oem bore let me know!
By ikon
#156111 those look just like my gorilla ones but mine are crome. im not sure if they offer colors. plus the gorillas were cheaper.