Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By zeppelin101
#85160 So, go to add my shiny new stainless lines at the front to discover that the hardline bolts are welded on (not literally) and they won't move. Used a flare wrench, and this just rounded them off marvellously.

Same story at the back, so I couldn't do my rear disc conversion either.

What I want to know is, can I cut the ends of the lines off and do a repair with them on the car or do I need to replace them?

If I should replace them, what do I do?

I'm now of the opinion that flare wrenches are fine if stuff aint on tight, but if it is you've got fucked bolts on your hands. As I do at the moment.
By smokinsoljah420
#85286 I had to mess with those and they are a B*tch!!! regular wrenches and pb blaster worked for me! vice grips just kept stripping.
By zeppelin101
#85289 They're pretty fooked tbh and I suspect theyre the original lines all the way back to the master cylinder as the car only has 61k miles on it...

I soaked em in WD40 for a good few hours and wire brushed them up but they're just rounding nicely with flare wrenches.

I'll give the mole grips a go at some point but I'm not holding out much hope short of replacing all the lines or splicing in some new sections possibly
By 89ssgti
#85293 use penetrating oil,wd40 is useless when there's rust involved.Let it sit for t least a day and try again,if it doesn't work use alittle bit of heat
By BLaCkSiLo
#86969 i seem to have quite the same problem..

i just completed the rear disc conversion and my new 4040 prop valve is on the way but i can't get the old lines (6) of them off. i just rounded the head with a flare wrench.

i have some PB blaster but i guess my question is won't the heat mess something up? i have one of those little blue propane ones, is it safe to heat up the old prop valve fittings?
By blockustomz
#86971 just get it cherry red shit will come lose easy. vise grips work but if you cut the lines your going to have to flair the brake lines. not hard but u need a tool for that.