Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By ChicagoMike
#3841 So later tonight I'm making an attempt at swapping brakes. I'm putting in 99-00 Civic Si disc all the way around. I've got every last nut, bolt, part, and piece to do this swap. My question is has anybody on the forum actually done this??? I'm just looking for lil hints or tricks to pick up along the way.

Like everything, I'll take pics of the procedure, and post the run down.
By asianrob
#3887 i have it took me 4-5 hours by myself with jacks and hand tools not really any hints or tricks but there is a lot of bolts. its all really self explaintory just remember to have a drip pan so the brake fluid can drip down
By ChicagoMike
#3889 Thanks for the tip!!
I'm going to be doing it the same way, hand tools and jack stands. Soon as I get outta work, its time for more work. :(
By ohDirka
#3901 you get that done already?
By ChicagoMike
#3904 Hahaha, I wish, I'm still at work for another 45mins. Then its get down time! I'm shooting to have it done within 3 hours. 8)
By ohDirka
#3905 sweet cant wait to see them pics and if its not too difficult or time consuming i might even do the swap
By ChicagoMike
#3906 Actually things just now got put on hold. See the brake master cylinder in my car is the original one, and I've already spotted a super tiny leak. After I flush out the brake, system all the crap thats built up in the master cylinder should come out and make that tiny leak HUGE.

So I'm going to get a new master cylinder and tackle the job on Thursday.
By asianrob
#3915 get one for an integra RS NON ABS so you can have the bigger master cylinder so you have better braking power and plus if you can get a proportion valve from 92-95 Si NON-ABS or Integra RS w/o ABS so you can use that and adjust and make brake pedal better
By ChicagoMike
#3918 Hmmm, I'm gonna have to do some homework now. I'm getting all the parts from a friend, we're taking it off his car directly, so I'll have to look into those parts and see whats up.

BIG thanks for the info!! :thumb:
By asianrob
#3922 np man
By boxcarracer0260
#3927 just for me to do the rear disc upgrade and upgrade the rotors all around, the front calipers and bleed the system like 6 times, i was there for a good 2.5 hours or so.
By ChicagoMike
#3945 2.5 isnt too bad, especially if you're doing it yourself. I'm still aiming for @ 3 hours on the full job. Hahahaha, we get down out here. When its time to turn wrenches, ITS time to turn wrenches!

So far our best time on a project is 7.5 hours. That included dropping 2 motors, installing 1 motor, painting an engine bay, and full coilovers all the way around. Hahahha, and that was just my hatch. :)
By asianrob
#3951 ^ nice its probably easier if you do the front first :D not so many bolts up there lol
By ChicagoMike
#3954 Thanks for the tip!!