Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By teal_dx
#41856 Image
I just got some EBC rotors for my car and they look beautiful!. :) I know after a while they will probably start to rust like rotors do though. :(
So I was thinking about painting the edge and center like in the pic above, but in black or silver.
Has anyone ever done this before? I would assume that I'd sand the rotor with 600 grit, mask off the area that contacts the pads, then paint away?
Because rotors get hot, I'd need some high temp 500°F or 1200°F engine or caliper paint. And I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to use a self-etching primer first or not, if it will hold up to the heat.

Last, because I will be braking hard for auto-x I'm concerned if this will have much (if any) of an effect on the cooling of the rotors. I don't want them to get too hot and warp like the stock ones did.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#41857 you just need hi-temp aerosol paint.

VHT from summitracing.com has caliper paint. That will work well on the rotors.. and as far as masking the rotors, its not really necessary. The brake pads will eat the paint away. You can use masking so it doenst look stupid.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#41858 if the rotors are zinc coated you don't need to paint it cuz it won't rust right?
By ohDirka
#41869 Zinc can be any color just depends on the way the company applies it, In its natural form its a metallic color. Melt down a penny and you'll see the zinc core.

and that is the chemistry lesson for today :lol:
By chrono404
#41916 I have painted the inside hub with Normal Metallic Silver brush-on Paint. The Caliper is Normal Yellow Spray Paint. I Like it, Although I am thinking of repainting the Caliper silver. I never thought of Painting the top of the Rotor.
It looks a million times better then a Rusty hub. That is for sure. :lol:

Old Detail Picture With unpainted Rims:
Image- link

New Picture with Painted Rims:
Image- link