ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By teal_dx
#11074 a while ago when I was still getting my car to run right in the garage, I noticed my horn didn't work. But I didn't really care, I figured 15 years was its life span.
Last night when I was finally able to drive the car on the road, I noticed that I didn't have any brake lights.
The tail lights light up when I turn the lights on, but they don't get brighter when I hit the brakes, and the 3rd brake light does not light up. I looked at the brake light switch by the pedal and it is working.

The horn and brake lights share a fuse in the underhood fuse box, that fuse is good.

I'm not sure what the problem could be.
My car is gutted, no heater, no climate controls, no radio (for now- silence gets old) And has also been converted from auto to 5 speed.
Is there a chance that I need something (like the auto interlock box for example) to make the things on that fuse work?
Sort of like how the turn signals go through the hazard light switch and they won't work if you don't have that switch hooked up?

The interlock box (small blue box that auto civics have, mounts where the clutch pedal would be and allows you to remove your key when in Park) was my first thought because you have to have your foot on the brake when you put your auto car in Park to take the key out.
:?
By teal_dx
#11201 Ok, I figured out the brakes. The horn must be dead. It was just a coincidence that those 2 share the same fuse.

Swapping from auto to manual was the problem. I don't have my Auto pedals here to look at, but the brake light switch on the manual pedals has a 4 pin connector.

|.................|
???????

lol- sorry no pics

the harness on my auto dx had a 2 pin harness

_____
| __ |
|......|
| __ |
|......|
???

I had crammed the 2 pin plug in the 4 pin switch and it was a snug fit. But the problem was that the switch used the terminals that were horizontal rather than vertical. So the 2 terminals I had the plug on were not connected. I got 2 pieces of 6" wire and put female & spade connectors on the ends and plugged the plug to 2 terminals that were side by side on the brake switch. Brake lights work now. I installed an air horn so I don't care about the stock one

:D