ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By EGcivic
#3111 Wow, good job!! 8) That looks like so much work, but the end results are going to look great!! :D
By york62
#3118 i cant wait to try my hand at this:P
By teal_dx
#5302 did some more wire tucking last weekend:

time to wrap up this mess!

back of right headlight

that plastic box is a ground and used to bolt into the side of the engine bay. I scraped the paint off of that piece pf metal where the headlight bolt goes and mounted it there, out of sight.

I heart zip ties

wires for the wimpy horn. in the 2nd pic, the wire to the fan sneaks in between the radiator & radiator support.

Then I pulled the harness down the side of the fan to meet the plug.

Left side:
It is not easy, but there's a way to run wires through that tall oval hole and have them come out in the cowl area. These wires are for the Wiper motor and the brake fluid sensor.

You'll have to fish around a little using the small round hole next to the oval hole as a half way point. Once you have the wire there, you can reach in through the cowl and push the wires into that hand from the hand that is holding the wires in the small round hole. I'll be damned if you get it on your first try.

Here you can see the hole you'll be reaching into with your right hand.

wtf are those? I had to take away from some of the shaved look to add some functionality. Having a smaller battery in the bumper would suck if it ever died and I needed a jump. These are remote terminal posts that connect to the battery terminals. You see them more at the track than you do on street cars. I forgot to get a pic of the back of them... I'll do that when I hook them up to the battery.

Hmmm what's that red thing hiding back there where the ac condenser is on AC equipped cars?

Air Horns! The next time an SUV runs into my lane, they will know it! :twisted:

I bought them at autozone, they were only $30-40 bucks. they have 3 horn systems too, but I have heard 2 horn system and it is more than enough.. I can't imagine 3!

I mounted the relay under the headlight where that ground box was mounted on the passenger side. With the battery right here, I can just mount the driver side ground box anywhere and run a wire to the ground on the battery. I wanted to keep the stock wimpy horn for daily use and small friendly beeps, so I used the + wire that went to the washer fluid pump for the air horn relay. This way when I'm driving, I just pull back on that lever on the right of the steering column and let the bad drivers have it!

Again, I love zip ties!
You can see the back side of the remote terminals, the + is on the top. The positive cable will go from the battery, to the terminal, then through the frame with the relocated hood cable. The negative terminal will go to the battery - and then to the frame.

driver side headlight wires tucked

when I test fitted the intercooler, the horn was in the way...

So I loosened the bolt & turned it counter clockwise 45? and it was clear.
By vtec_gloucester
#5307 looking 8)

lmao @ the air horns... "move bitch, get out the way" :lol:

gunna be uber clean under the bonnet when its all together - cant wait to see it all done.
By ohDirka
#5309 that thing is going to be wicked
By teal_dx
#7650 I've been busy trying to get this car done, but here's some update pics of the wiring :thumb:

Got some power wire from a stereo shop...

always crimp AND solder

wired up the remote terminals. 4 ga goes to those, the main chassis ground, to the interior distribution block, and from the block to the starter. 8 Gauge is used for all the engine grounds, and to go from the power distribution block to the fuse box, and I used the OEM 8 gauge wire to go from the fuse box to the alternator.

my poor man's Optima :hehe:

Now for the inside...

lots of zip ties will be used here...

It looks overwhelming, but it's really not. If you have been doing your own wire tuck, you're familiar with pretty much all the wires & harnesses by now. Labeling them early on helps a lot too.

This group of wires used to go into the top driver side of the engine bay. I ran them across behind the gauge cluster to get them to the middle of the firewall where they enter the bay now.

I wanted to keep any wires away from the pedals... that could lead to trouble.

this is the passenger side. I mounted the MSD coil behind the center console. (The coating on the floor is Duplicolor Texture Metallic if you're wondering)

last wiring pic for now... this is taken from the center console, looking to the passenger foot well area. All the wires are zipped up out of the way and you can see I relocated the main fuse box somewhere hidden, but somewhere I can still get to it.

The power wires have not been hooked up yet in these pics and I went back after thee were taken with more zip ties.
By Skyu_Ivy
#7671 Coming along nicely! I have just finished re wiring the harness under the dash (guage, dimmer, cig.. etc) At first it was over whelming but once i removed the stereo wires and what i didn't need it actually wasn't so bad!

I have found your step-by-step's very helpful!

Keep up the great work!
By ohDirka
#7681 that looks like a headache and a half there...but ill be helping someone do this in a week or so so this will help
By -EJ1- COUPE
#8095 sweet lookin real good teal
By -EJ1- COUPE
#8437 how did you get the main wiring back through the firewall did you take out your blower motor etc. and pull the wires through then just extend them?, im in the process right now of doing mine my dash is out and im going to take the blower motor out and get my fuse box and the rest of the wiring on the inside if you could please help thanks. Ryan
By teal_dx
#8444 Yep, that's exactly what I did. I had to make the blower motor hole bigger since I had brake lines going thru as well. Then after I added the MSD ignotion line, alternator & starter power, and vac line for MAP, it was getting pretty tight. So it's better to make it a little bigger in case you ever need to add stuff.

I had to extend the wires that go to the front of the car ( lights, horn, windshield washer, etc) on both sides.

Let me know if you need any help on this project.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#8520 your not going to have heat in your car are you? because i want to keep mine so im going to do it a different way ill show some pics tonight
By teal_dx
#8526 nope, no heat or climate control of any sort will be in my car. it went from daily driver to weekend toy. For people who want to keep their heat, I've seen them put an additional hole in the middle of the firewall, right below the heater hoses so that everything is still going into the cabin at one place .

The main idea is to not have the harnesses on both top corners of the firewall where they are always seen. so pretty much anywhere in the lower middle area of the firewall for all the wires to run through will look way better than on both top corners. That heater core and blower motor is huge though, you'll have to do carefull planning around that but it is possible :thumb:
By -EJ1- COUPE
#8608 im pretty sure i no what im going to do. first the fuse box is going to go where my air bag was i am getting a block off plate so i figured mount it under that for easy access really, then i figured out how i can hide it as best as possible but i need to take pics to show you. once my mom lets me borrow her camera ill take some pics on the progress of the car and the tuck ive been working on