ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By york62
#8459 ok well this isnt a eg question but i am checking the ecu in my winter car and its giving me a code 19. i couldnt find that code anywhere. i just found 1-17.

the problem is that the car wont start just keep cranking on,
i think its the fuel pump i replace the dizzy and it didn't do anything, replaced the Ecu ( had one laying around) didnt do anything, any way the code is 19 ...any help??
By chnzgoofball
teal_dx wrote:when your turn the key into the "on" position, can you hear the fuel pump prime? maybe have someone put their ear in that area while you turn the key.

x2 and check timing..
By york62
#8474 nope there is no fuel pump sound at all
By Greasedmonkey
#8486 Then it could be that. it should make noise when you turn your key to the ON position.
By york62
#8494 nope i dont hear it at all...but does any one know what a code 19 is?
By york62
#8522 nope
5 speed
By teal_dx
#8524 I'm not calling you a moron, but are you 100% sure you're reading the code properly? there's short and long pauses when you're using the jumper to read the code.

I just thought of another thing, check the fuel pump Relay before you go and pull your pump out of the gas tank. :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
teal_dx wrote:I'm not calling you a moron, but are you 100% sure you're reading the code properly? there's short and long pauses when you're using the jumper to read the code.

I just thought of another thing, check the fuel pump Relay before you go and pull your pump out of the gas tank. :thumb:

fuse??
By york62
teal_dx wrote:I'm not calling you a moron, but are you 100% sure you're reading the code properly? there's short and long pauses when you're using the jumper to read the code.

ah but i knew you would ask..so i came prepared...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFWGzpYb2I8
By teal_dx
#8544 haha well done!

I found this:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=468260&page=3

scroll 1/2 way down and there's a huge quote with every code. You said yours was manual so I didn't think that 19 was possible. it says 19 is automatic only. did you ever convert it from auto to manual?
By york62
teal_dx wrote:haha well done!

I found this:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=468260&page=3

scroll 1/2 way down and there's a huge quote with every code. You said yours was manual so I didn't think that 19 was possible. it says 19 is automatic only. did you ever convert it from auto to manual?

i'm such a dummy, i tried another computer because the one i had wasn't showing a code or the "hello" code, but the other code was from a auto...i'm so dumb...so i guess i have no code then. i think its a fuel pump, i'm gonna jake the car up and see it its getting power and go from there.