ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By teal_dx
#5189 Image

I'm going to be running power wire from the battery, now located in the front right corner, to the fuse box, now located in the passenger footwell under the dash.

The OEM wire was 8 ga. and only a couple of feet long from the battery to the fuse box. There was also a 4 gauge wire from the + on the battery to the starter motor.

I'm thinking of running 4 ga from the new battery to a distribution block under the passenger side of the dashboard.

From the block, I'll run 8 ga to the fuse box (1 ft.) , then the factory 8 ga wire from the fuse box to the alternator (3-4 ft).
Also from the distribution block will be a 4 ga wire to the starter, this will be about 3 feet, about twice as long as the OEM 4 ga wire from the battery to the starter.

That's it, but I'm wondering if the 4 ga is thick enough going from the battery to the distribution block, considering how much farther the battery is from the rest of the components compared to the way it was from the factory. Should I go with 2 ga power wire?
By ohDirka
#5200 Id think that the 4ga would be fine...ive relocated batteries to the trunks before and never had any problems