ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Gustavo
#267484 Was test driving my hatch when all of a sudden smoke started filling the inside up. We looked n its a wire that goes into this plug that plugs into the ecu under the dash. Wat does this wire control?
It is the bottmom pic n it is the bottom right plug. It says (c442-92 civic) I need a pic of the wiring 4 that plug. The wire that burn was red/black or vise versa.
By Gustavo
#267491 Anybody know? Need help guys.
By teal_dx
#267560 I'd start by thinking of any modifications that have been done to your car or the wiring to your car. Hondas don't have electrical fires on their own. Usually it's someone that has modified the harness, tapped into some wires or moved some wired to do another mod.
What wires have ever been touched/modified on your car? I'd look in those areas first and see if you can find a shorted out/melted area of your harness.
The main wiring harness is the entire harness so that chart isn't too specific.
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:I'd start by thinking of any modifications that have been done to your car or the wiring to your car. Hondas don't have electrical fires on their own. Usually it's someone that has modified the harness, tapped into some wires or moved some wired to do another mod.
What wires have ever been touched/modified on your car? I'd look in those areas first and see if you can find a shorted out/melted area of your harness.
The main wiring harness is the entire harness so that chart isn't too specific.

We narrowed it down n notice that plug has 2 do with all the lights in the car. So i found out it was the wire that goes 2 my corner lights. I will post the story on my build thread.