ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By nickbrungard
#237223 I have a 94 honda civic standard shift. While driving in the rain the check engine light came on then i noticed a little later the speedometer was reading 0 at about 60mph. Then i noticed the speedo works intermittently. The check engine light doesn't some on right away when you start the car but does seem to come on about the same time the speedo stops. My guess is there is a plug or harness getting wet and causing a short. Anyone familiar with this sort of problem?
By Datsmart
#237226 Sounds like your wiring connectors are getting wet.
Is your connection on your Speed Sensor wet?

If you do not have fender liners, a lot of water gets thrown around under your hood. Wet wiring connections will eventually loose continuity.
You might try separating them and spraying them with something like WD40. If they are corroded try scrapping the terminals to remove any corrosion.
By nickbrungard
#237227 Any suggestions where it couold be getting wet? Its for the most part really dry under the hood anyway. where exactly does the speed sensor connect? is it on the trans?
By nickbrungard
#237319 This is what its got to be. At least somewhere on this line. Its no longer raining and the problem is gone. Thanks.