ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By york62
#16796 my high beam in my passenger-side light is out, the low beam works fine there is just a dim yellow light when the high beam is switched on. i tried new bulbs in it but it's still the same.

Has anyone encountered this problem before...how might i go about figuring out what it is?

I hate electrical! :x
By york62
#16797 Also my cruise control isn't working at all anymore, after i did the body work and re-assembled the car it worked every once in a while, but now never.

Before body work it worked great... i know i put everything back the way it was.

more help needed. thanks in advance!
By york62
#16807 nope.
By teal_dx
#16837 check the grounds. the cruise control sounds like a loose ground that maybe got looser over time. The headlights.... I dunno man, but maybe while you're checking your grounds you'll find something else up there related to that.
By york62
#16889 where is the ground for the cruise...like there is rubber gromets where it gets bolted to the frame with so there not grounds...so i ran a wire from the base of the "black box" to the car. still dont work. know anyone with an si harness for sale?
By york62
#18990 Well...after like 2 weeks i decided to go at my missing headlight and corner light..both are now fixed!!

The corner light wire was broken, but not completely.. just enought to stop it from working so i de-pinned wire from my parts car worked it back up and its working now!!

As for the headlight...my dad has always said if something isnt working go to the simplest thing first... i didnt do that in the first place... i was tracing wires lookin for broken ones, made sure grounds were right, tried new bulbs. So i go inside and print out a dig. never even thought to check the fuses....never blew but FELL OUT, there it was sitting on the floor mat. put the fuse back in and my headlight works now!...God i'm dumb!!
By teal_dx
#18998 haha I've done similar things...

I replaced the main relay when all I needed to do was follow the fuel pump ground wire to where it wasn't bolted into the chassis :lol: $70 lesson
By york62
teal_dx wrote:haha I've done similar things...

I replaced the main relay when all I needed to do was follow the fuel pump ground wire to where it wasn't bolted into the chassis :lol: $70 lesson

haha its the best way to learn tho.. really...i knwo i will ALWAYS check the fuses before anything else from now on!
By chnzgoofball
#19008 so did u fix the cruise control??
By york62
chnzgoofball wrote:so did u fix the cruise control??

i wish.. i dont even knwo where to start...my car has alot of bugs in the wiring.. i think there was an alarm in the car before.. but then they just "ripped" it out .. there is a bunch of exposed wires, i fixed a few but i will have to take the dash out to fix the rest... i think thats is where my problem is.
By Gorveatt
#19025 Weak, cruise control is such a nice feature to have... i miss mine from my old Corolla..

I did almost the exact same thing with the headlight before, i went two weeks without a high beam only to check the fuses and found i put it in the wrong spot :roll:
By york62
Gorveatt wrote:Weak, cruise control is such a nice feature to have... i miss mine from my old Corolla..

I did almost the exact same thing with the headlight before, i went two weeks without a high beam only to check the fuses and found i put it in the wrong spot :roll:

haha i did that also, noticed the fuse ion the mat, put it in, turned on the high beams, didn't work, mover the fuse one spot down and THEY WORK!!