PULL HOSE OFF

CLOSE UP OF PCV
LIFT UP AND PULL OUT
NEW(BLUE) AND OLD(NASTY) PCV
REVERSE TO PUT BACK TOGETHER
NEW PCV INSTALLED
I KNOW IT IS AN EASY INSTALL
BUT SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND THIS HELPFUL
Last edited by Mayhem_Audio on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By OmarG
#84414 oh hey, very cool.

:thumb:
By BLACKS' COUPE
#84468 Do you happen to know what the PCV valve do or used for?
By smokinsoljah420
#84477 i dunno if you were being sarcastic or not but if you dont actually know or for anyone who doesnt, the Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve, or PCV valve, is a one-way valve that ensures continual evacuation of gases from inside a (gasoline internal combustion) engine's crankcase. :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#84620 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I know they're only a couple bucks but before you replace it, try taking yours off and squirting both ends with carb cleaner while shaking it. If you can hear the metal ball inside clicking hard then you're good.

And beforehand to test if its bad you pinch the hose with some pliers (cover the hose with a rag if your pliers are sharp) and listen for it clicking.

If your PCV is clogged or restricted, pressure builds up in the crankcase and forces oil out where you don't want it. It also chokes your engine power at high RPM. Everyone run out and buy one!
By biretsu89
#84657 if your pcv is bad... besides the oil.... could it affect idle in any way? or just make it build up pressure :?
By suspendedHatch
#84784 I've never had it go that bad. But on this generation Honda EVERYTHING affects idle, so...
By Sentry
#84832 Do I get a wrench if I do a DIY writeup for an air filter install? :thumb:
By Mayhem_Audio
#84917 i dont have a wrench and i have done 3 write up and any one know how i got the speakers and bump bump bump
By suspendedHatch
Sentry wrote:Do I get a wrench if I do a DIY writeup for an air filter install? :thumb:

No, but if you come up with an avatar as good as Mayhem_Audio's, then you'd get my vote.
By JDMb16EJ
#91019 couldnt you use a breather ?
By Sentry
suspendedHatch wrote:
Sentry wrote:Do I get a wrench if I do a DIY writeup for an air filter install? :thumb:

No, but if you come up with an avatar as good as Mayhem_Audio's, then you'd get my vote.

Oh god, I was at Orlando Intl. around Christmas and some lady did the same thing, but on a crowded down escalator. Just sort of sat down and everyone behind her started to pile up. Funniest thing I saw down there.
By Rufuseg8
#240784 First, thanks for the DIY. Its really simple but im a noob. I still enjoy fixing/ replacing anything that'll benefit my car.lol

I noticed when I did this that the tube that connects the pvc to the intake was squeezed and contracted. What i mean is it looked like it was pinched quite a bit. Will that drastically affect anything? Should I buy another one? Thanks in advance