General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Chance
#57613 K, so I know this is a SIMPLE process, but figured it could help someone who doesn't know what to do! Sinc I didnt know what to do before actually doing it! Changing a bad PCV valve will help you car run cleaner and help with gas mileage!

First here is info on the PCV VALVE.
The Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve(PCV valve), is a one-way valve that ensures continual evacuation of gases from inside a gasoline internal combustion engine's crankcase. It connects the crankcase to the intake manifold.

Now for the write-up for "D15b8"

1. locate your PCV VALVE

2.Pull it straight out. If its too tight you might need to wedge a flathead under the lip of it and wedge it out.

3. Use pliers or your fingers to pinch the clamp off and pull the PCV valve out of the tubing.

4. Here is what it looks like removed and to find out if its bad, all you do is shake it! If it doesn't rattle then it is bad and needs replaced. or even if it BARELY rattles I would still replace it seeing as its only a $3 part ;)

5. Take the new PCV valve and plug it back into the tubing and apply the clamp. then just plug it back in!

BAM DONE!

Hope this helps someone!
Last edited by Chance on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Chance
#57615 All the pics were lost in a photobucket mishap. Sorry, this is basically useless now I guess. :thumbdown:
Last edited by Chance on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By suspendedHatch
#61358 I know it's a cheap part but with gas prices as they are, might as well try squirting out both sides with carb cleaner and shaking it to see if you can restore it and avoid a trip to the parts store.