General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By VegasCivic
#54538 Simple install with enough muscle, time andPBblaster or any other similar agent. :wink:

Dont have sh1tty tools. You will most likely snap half your gear if you do.We had a deep crafstman socket making odd sounds trying to get the top left motor mount nuts off and a 1/2 extension get sheared :roll:

You will most likely need a breaker bar of some sort. We used a sway bar off a huge truck we found in a junk yard. The ratchet end fits perfect. :lol: We had to use everytime taking bolts/nuts off. Only had to use it putting the bottom left mount back.

Have a drift. Basically its a steel spike that is used to go through an opening into a whole thats a bit offset. say (0 ) and you needed the small hole to be center in the bigger hole. ( 0 ) stab the drift inside them and pry it over. A giant phillips will work too, but the drift is gradual and can be hammered in.
You will need this for both lower front mounts. It kinda looks like a hole a bolt goes in it, nope its a drift hole.... :lol: :lol: drift hole :lol:

YAY new parts. :)
Look at the two smaller mounts. There is two holes. One is for a bolt, the other is for the drift/pry tool

Spray PB on all the nut/bolts before you start. let them soak for a bit.

Dont forget to support the engine! yes the other mounts will hold, but still. Dont be dumb :P

This one was a pain. I didnt have the correct deep socket( You will need one)..glad my block is all gear heads :D . . Remove the two nuts and bolt passing through the mount. Then remove mount.

Yummy. Not only was this pos cracked and dry.(Wet stuff is PB) The mount itself was twisted and deformed. :x

Now its better. This was the easiest to put back in. It slides into place and lines up great! The white stuff is wax btw.

As for the sides, they are tucked down, and more forwards. One on the left another on the right.

Left side

Right side

Here is the left side removed. You can see that there is a bolt on either side and another hole that lines up with your mounts. This is that drift thing I was talking about earlier.

The almighty 4 foot breaker bar/wheel well smasher =] and the pops. He got to hold the ratchet 90 degrees while I heaved.

Old VS New. :shock: Glad they are replaced :woot:

The rear mount is a B1tch and a half to get to. So maybe when i have time and its rainy ill find the box its in...i guess ill put it on too. :lol: It was almost in perfect condition. wierd..I mean...you saw the other ones!!!

Here it is. Just like the large side, two nuts on top and a center bolt running through.

If your thinking HEY! I still have one left..WRONG thats a trans mount :lol: and didnt come included with this kit, but here it is

Yet again. another E-bay special :woot:
By chrono404
#54543 Awesome Wright up, I love the Wire Looms, Looking Awaesome :thumb:
By VegasCivic
#54545 Thanks, it took hours to loom and zip tie the bay.
By CivicTypeR
#54559 Where did you get all that red cable tidy stuff from? :shock: i want i want.

Oh and nice write up :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
SlipCivic wrote:Where did you get all that red cable tidy stuff from? :shock: i want i want.

Oh please dont do it!! Tuck your wires, dont make them stand out.
By VegasCivic
ChicagoMike wrote:
SlipCivic wrote:Where did you get all that red cable tidy stuff from? :shock: i want i want.

I make them stand out so they dont notice the engine is still a d15b7 :lol:
By ChicagoMike
VegasCivic wrote:
ChicagoMike wrote:

I make them stand out so they dont notice the engine is still a d15b7 :lol:

I lol'd!! :thumb:
By VegasCivic
#54748 I did the wire looms before the car got garaged for two years. My style in what I like has def. changed but i still like it. I call it the lazy mans tuck :thumb: :lol:

Trying to find engine bay pictures before it got dirty again :roll:
By kimosabe
#61923 nice writte up :thumb: