General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274886 watch out for them spun bearings in them B20's
By Gustavo
poorman type-r wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:
OhShft! wrote:im gonna say b20vteccc :thumb:

IMO b20v's are monsters for a N/A builds, not for turbos.

x2. I use 2 say b20's suck :blah: n then my friend got 1 n i was like :jawdrop: Yeah i like b20's now. They r torquey. Never under estimate a b series motor.

I agree with you totally, they are monsters I drove a 260hp built N/A b20v. I was scared to even jump on it, but at the same time they are known to jump timing which is a major headache. My opinion is to not put a motor together and then turbo it, but instead to just get a B18c1 and turbo that and still rape everything on the street. Plus too much torque on the street isn't really too fun when you are spinning through your first three gears.

I keep telling my friend 2 slap a gsr head on his b20 but i think he wants 2 turbo it. N yeah i would hate spinning through my 1st 3 gears.
By Fada Blayne
#274916 I almost lost a friend of mine to street racing last weekend... im good
By Fada Blayne
#274917 If you got money a K or an H should put you close to those speeds in stock trim.
By EJ1Prospect
#274923 ya im going to go with a b20 for my scca coupe. im going to put pictures up the guy who Im trading my ED6 for is on his way now ! Cant wait im amped! I always wanted a coupe
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274924 good luck and be safe... learned my lesson when i had my subaru... i hit 165 on the I-15... the scariest sh*t ever... thank god im still alive.
By EJ1Prospect
#274935 Im glad your ok brah... I've decided that im going to use my coupe as my daily and get a eg hatch and make that my SCCA and Time attack car
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
EJ1Prospect wrote:Im glad your ok brah... I've decided that im going to use my coupe as my daily and get a eg hatch and make that my SCCA and Time attack car

Good idea bro... :thumb:
By {ikon}EM1
#274950 I think u should do one of them nascar for a day at daytona or even at disney.... that will cure ur need for speed... ( wow that sound corney like in top gun... "I have the need, the need for speed...") lol :lol:
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
{ikon}EM1 wrote:I think u should do one of them nascar for a day at daytona or even at disney.... that will cure ur need for speed... ( wow that sound corney like in top gun... "I have the need, the need for speed...") lol :lol:

:lol: :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
poorman type-r wrote:Well build a nasty B series. B series is still the best in my opinion it has proven to hit 8.3's by NRG Tech with their B18c1 (GSR) 1200+whp Hatch. I doubt you will be making crazy numbers like that because I can't and don't even want to think about how much it would cost to build it. In the end though, it is all about what Series motor you prefer.

$50k +
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
EG6b20R wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:Well build a nasty B series. B series is still the best in my opinion it has proven to hit 8.3's by NRG Tech with their B18c1 (GSR) 1200+whp Hatch. I doubt you will be making crazy numbers like that because I can't and don't even want to think about how much it would cost to build it. In the end though, it is all about what Series motor you prefer.

$50k +

with 5000 you can make a 10 second beast!
By poorman type-r
EG6b20R wrote:

$50k +

:jawdrop: Holy Shit!!!