Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Graham
#43682 How couldnt you get them off? Theyre eaaaasy to get off - just unclip them :P

If you wanted them to be black why not just use back to black or some other trim stuff...? :P
By CivicTypeR
#43687 why would you want them to be black? they come standard black :lol:
By Graham
#43700 Sir ones are grey :P

I can see why you would paint them black if they were really faded, but the trim cleaners and back to black would have saved you a lot of masking, look good either way though 8)
By chrono404
Graham wrote:How couldnt you get them off? Theyre eaaaasy to get off - just unclip them :P

If you wanted them to be black why not just use back to black or some other trim stuff...? :P

I have tryed some Black Restoring Trim Stuff, Nothing worked. Therefore I decided it was Paint Time.

Unclip them? :? I tryed taking them off at Junkyards, Couldn't do it. Oh well.
By CivicTypeR
#43779 I found it hard taking them off even from behind :lol: i snapped the clips :x stupid POS.
By k0rean4life
#44510 They made AUTO-MOTIVE TRIM paint now. Looks awesome and looks like the OEM plastic FINISH from honda.
By dionisis
Graham wrote:How couldnt you get them off? Theyre eaaaasy to get off - just unclip them :P

you dont have to get off the door panel so that u can be able to get off those side moldings too?
By Graham
#48539 Well you can try to pry them from the outside and wiggle them off but you would probably dent them, its best to take the doorcard off and unclip them from the back in my opinion :thumb:
By dionisis
#48584 alright then i will try to do it,propably on saturday evening,dont know,and i will let u know about the process!thanx a lot!by the way a guy told me that i have to sand them before the paintwork,is it true?although i noticed that when u sanded them were not good looking :?
By chrono404
dionisis wrote:alright then i will try to do it,propably on saturday evening,dont know,and i will let u know about the process!thanx a lot!by the way a guy told me that i have to sand them before the paintwork,is it true?although i noticed that when u sanded them were not good looking :?

You DO NOT want to Sand. As you say what York62 did to his side Moldings, If you sand the same thing will happen. I did no sanding at all and it turned out great.
By dionisis
#48685 well guys i want to paint the side moldings as the colour of my car,b63p harvard blue pearl clearcoat,so i have to spray some sort of first layer spray because they are plastic moldings in order not to have "paint-crack" after 2-3 months.
By Matt.M
#74861 Actually you shouldn't have used the sandpaper. You should have used what we call a 'scotch brite' in shop class, it's a final stripping pad. It's about the same as 600 grit sandpaper. It would have made the sanding much easier and it only scratches the trim enough to get proper adhesion for the paint. They also sell paint at a Carquest, maybe even auto zone, for the trim. I have some in my room that I've been saving to do the same thing.

That's just my 2 cents, but I do have my diploma for Autobody Repair 8)
By JDMcivic92
#91041 yeh a bit of "Scuff it" and a scotch brite pad or even 600 grit wet sanding would have been better lol. I dont have a degree yet, but I do work in a body shop. haha came out good though! :)
By smokinsoljah420
JDMcivic92 wrote:yeh a bit of "Scuff it" and a scotch brite pad or even 600 grit wet sanding would have been better lol. I dont have a degree yet, but I do work in a body shop. haha came out good though! :)

Hahahaha Is that why your car in your sig (BTW you might wanna fix it its too big http://www.civic-eg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13 :thumb: ) doesnt have any? :lol: