Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By sandblasted
#13233 thats tape style door molding too there craig. i got it from passwordjdm.com. cost me 200US to get it here. lol. i have another set of clip style door molding if you want it craig. if you want to try another method of painting.
By york62
#13234 defentaly...what you want for it
By LaMbErT*
#13237 looks a bit squint y0 And do you know the seatbelts are made from takata ?!

Never knew we had the "JDM" side strips :| :woot: less shit to pay out for :thumb:
By york62
#13242 what about my seat belts?
By Graham
#13418 Eg seatbelts are made by Takata :lol:

And yeah i thought that these JDM strips were narrower than ours... was looking at buying a set!! Lucky i found out before wasting money buying something i already had :lol:
By york62
#13431 haha i didn't know that about the seatbelt...thats cool, if only i could pronounce it.
By LaMbErT*
#13504 Image

Graham sent me it
By york62
#13542 well that kinda cool to know
By Ej2-B16a
#27612 :thumb: :thumb: lets see the beast try them on..
By vtec_gloucester
#27615 another great write up :thumb:
By york62
vtec_gloucester wrote:another great write up :thumb:

thanks man!

B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote::thumb: :thumb: lets see the beast try them on..
are you talking about the moldings on my eg, haha my car is in a million pieces!
By chrono404
#43659 Alternative Side Molding Paint Option
Not try to Jack this thread or anything, However after talking with York62 Via PM, I decided I would post what I did.

After Reading the DIY on Page 1 I wanted to do the same, Only with Black. I tried taking off the Side Molding at my local junkyard and couldn't do so with out Destroying it. I Pmed York62 and asked him how he did his. After hearing his Response I decided Painting it on the Car would be a Much better option.

Materials :
Duplicolor "Truck, Van and SUV Trim Paint" - Black
Duplicolor Clear Coat (Not Used, Already Bought for a Previous Project)
Newspaper (x Alot)
Masking Tape

I first Washed the Side Molding to get all the dirt and muk off of it. I Then used Masking tape all around the Trim Paint, then Followed by Taping Newspaper on to be a Mask.
Following This I did Multiple Light Coats to get it all Black. I was planning on putting a Layer or 2 of Clear Coat, However I decided Against it when I saw the Final Product.

Before :
After :
Pictures are on Different Sides, however you can see the Change that happened.

Difficulty :
1 out of 10.

It was Super Easy to do, Hardest part was taking off all the Masking tape.
By york62
#43664 looks good man, a nice addition to this post!