Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EG Love
#298128 I think I finally found the correct bolts to bolt the LS to my engine stand. If I have time, I'll put it on this weekend and start cleaning it.. bitch pin and one axle remain until the old d series drops out, its gonna be close getting it to slide under.

had a good break from school, my cousin took his CRX out for a couple days

I never noticed the difference in the 6th gen 1999 facelift til was parked beside my buddys car

my cousin working on getting years of bondo off his tegs quarters
By couch_c
EG Love wrote:I thought of that the other day actually. No, they came like that when I bought the car. The quarters had all new panels welded in, so I'm assuming they either welded or bondo'd them then. I'm glad, I can just run without a molding :)

I wanted to do that too but a lot of people suggest not bondoing bc it's weaker and to use metal panels, I don't want to weld panels so I'm probably going to get the jdm moldings since they're a lot thinner, hopefully it comes out right haha
By EG Love
#298191 Yeah, I bondo'd my 2 Hood holes where the emblem pops into place. A year or so later they were really visible, and could be just picked out with my fingernail.. my cousin did his teg molding holes with fiberglass Bondo and its held up well even through winters, although he's welding his trunk ones to he safe
By SkunkDcivic
#298204 painting your engine wont make the heat stay in idk who told you that
By couch_c
EG Love wrote:Yeah, I bondo'd my 2 Hood holes where the emblem pops into place. A year or so later they were really visible, and could be just picked out with my fingernail.. my cousin did his teg molding holes with fiberglass Bondo and its held up well even through winters, although he's welding his trunk ones to he safe

Oh wow that's crazy, I was actually thinking of bondo-ing the emblem holes on mine, I guess not haha
By EG Love
#298680 yeah lol :P

tried putting my ls on my engine stand the other day, but im confused. i don't know where the 4th arm/bolt goes into, and the 3rd one i may have stripped.. :( i'll post a thread in the tech section
By EG Love
#302577 Just an update, the engines been out. Im almost done cleaning the engine bay. Im getting some stage 1 performance axles from Ontario from a local trustworthy guy. Same guy I bought my ls, mounts, gsr flywheel, and DC sports header from. $250 shipped and taxes in brand new :D I'm cleaning the ls engine today, plan on mounting it to my engine stand first. I chased the threads as one of the holes were stripped I just finished helping my mom replace her timing belt and tensioner.. lol. .Ill post pics tonight of my progress, I'm on my phone at the moment.
By EG Love
#308794 So i never did post pics haha. Just finished my last exam of the year today, I start work tomorrow! Finally some money coming in for this thing.

I've looped the power steering, cleaned the engine bay, and installed the new ls swap. Found my clutch line to be leaking so I'm waiting on a new section of line form honda. Also waiting on small odds and ends like the coupler attaching my intake to the ls intake manifold, stuff like that.

Heres a few pics of my progress.. my cell is sent away right now which is what i take my pictures with so bare with me

dirty!!!

By EG Love
couch_c wrote:Did you bondo your side moldings?

after taking my fender off, i found a metal patch on the backside of the side molding hole. So somebody welded strips of metal like 1/8 or 1/4 inch thick onto the backside of the holes and I presume they were then able to bondo the rest of each hole. Good to see its not just bondo slapped on until the hole stayed covered
By EG Love
#310186 Just an update, I got the swap started and it ran well, but the shifter wouldnt go side to side and so would only go into 3rd and 4th gear.. Trans is back out now getting looked at
By EG Love
#312186 STILL waiting for my trans to be repaired :( i ordered a yonaka high flow cat, 2.25" !

Dying to get my hatch on the road. Also finished removing the sound deadening from the rear and started sanding the rear floor in preparation for paint
Last edited by EG Love on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EG Love
#313783 I haven't updated you guys :? I got the trans back and threw it in, and everything worked great! Installed the exhaust with my cousin and he welded the cat on for me :thumb:

I had a problem with overheating at first, I was leaking coolant from my heater core outlet on the firewall. A new clamp fixed that, then I realized it had been leaking all in my interior.. So i pulled out the front interior and dried everything.. then I found the wire to plug my rad fan in lol so that fixed the slight overheating in traffic. Now my injectors are leaking badly, going to get some new o rings for them this week. Also my alternator belt came completely loose, I must have forgot to tighten a bolt or two. I guess these are just things that come with doing your first swap :? :P

A local annual car show my cousin and I enrolled in :D Oh and I also installed my front lip as you can see in the pic!