N/A build discussion
By Greasedmonkey
#26211 yea, I will clean them up and most likely put them up for sale...I dont need them.
By Greasedmonkey
#26360 Well, last night was the kicker!! On my way to drop off the motor at my dads, my tranny imploded. its kaput. So now Im down a swapped hatch and up a f150. This sucks. I need to find a b16a tranny now.
By chnzgoofball
Greasedmonkey wrote:Well, last night was the kicker!! On my way to drop off the motor at my dads, my tranny imploded. its kaput. So now Im down a swapped hatch and up a f150. This sucks. I need to find a b16a tranny now.

damn that sucks...
By Greasedmonkey
#26980 Today I picked up the valve cover gasket, spark plug grommets and the cam seals. As soon as I sell my LS i can get a new tranny. Another GSR unfortunatly. I really wanted a B16 tranny. oh well. once thats done I can start focusing on the motor. its still sitting in the back of the car at the honda dealership right now.
By Ej2-B16a
chnzgoofball wrote:isnt 2.5" a little big for all motor? i thought 2.25" was good?? :?

yeah i was thinking the same thing.. 2.5 is turbo....... for our little 1.6 - 1.5 liter motors
By vtec_gloucester
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:
chnzgoofball wrote:isnt 2.5" a little big for all motor? i thought 2.25" was good?? :?

yeah i was thinking the same thing.. 2.5 is turbo....... for our little 1.6 - 1.5 liter motors

all depends really.

i had 2.25" on my b16a but a 2.5" on my B18c

he said he is aiming for 200hp so imo he'd have to go for the 2.5" system.
By Greasedmonkey
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:

I dont have nor will I ever have a lil 1.6 or a 1.5 litre motor ever again. and The exhaust piping size is dependant on your power goals.
By Ej2-B16a
Greasedmonkey wrote:
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:

I dont have nor will I ever have a lil 1.6 or a 1.5 litre motor ever again. and The exhaust piping size is dependant on your power goals.

i understand that .. its just that my friend actually tested the theory , he has a CRX with a b16a jun auto head package, and not sure what he built the block with.. anyways he tried 2.5 and almost senced of losing back pressure........

2 1/4 worked beautiuflly
By Greasedmonkey
#27751 Im going to have a bigger motor. Im also planning to get more to the wheels that just 180hp. Right now I have a 2.25" exhuast. I just plan on getting a better one.
By Greasedmonkey
#28054 Well, tonight I put in my new trans. It shifts good and smoothly. Even at high RPMs. Got what I really wanted too!!
By BAXTER_EJ1
#28067 :woot: :D
By Greasedmonkey
#28137 what do you mean by stock fuel delivery? It will most likely get 310cc injectors, but it will have the stock fuel rail. I will be running it with a chipped p28 most likely.
By Greasedmonkey
#32198 Well, more bad news happened after the autoX sunday. On my way home i heard my motor just a knocking away. Sounds like I spun a bearing. Maybe even more than one. So my new motor just got what it needed to get back on track. I was going to wait til after christmas to start on is again. Now, I need my car back. I dont like driving my truck.

I found a few more parts.

VictorX intake manifold.
310cc injectors
Bearings.

I just have to pick them all up soon.
By Greasedmonkey
#37669 Today I picked up my rods and pistons. They are all mated up and looking good.

As soon as I can, i will get the motor here and start taking it apart. Clean it up and get it ready to put back togethers.