Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cody27
#275820 what the hell my 2 previous posts are not showing up.....anyway the have links to the coupe trunk lights and another link saying DX/CX did not come wired for them so you have to pin the harness where the wires would go.......seems easier to just run a wire direct from the fuse block.
By HungRealLow21
#276097 yea i had an ex over here sunday morning was adding fog lights to dudes car he traded me some emkei rims for a pair of fogs :thumb: and i looked at his trunk and he had a trunk light and a harness so they deff dont come on the dx cx!!
By cody27
#276268 yea i poked around everywhere and no plug, there is a square cut out in the sheet metal for it just no plug, but the link i found shows where the plug would draw power from the main harness under the backseat
By cody27
oses21 wrote:links!!

damn my bad i forgot the forum was bein dumb and not posting, ill find em again cause they were decent links

http://www.used-oem.com/servlet/the-614 ... upe/Detail

theres the light, but i cant remember what site had the how-to on it as to what pin to use from the harness for power....all i can find is a how-to for an EK, ill keep searching
By cody27
oses21 wrote:lol its broken!!

damn it! i give up you'll have to google "92-95 civic coupe trunk light" cause this damn site seems hell bent on not letting me post links
By cody27
#277015 well got bored today so i finally installed a trunk light

excuse the blurriness but i couldnt manage a clear shot

it aint OEM but it didnt cost me anything as i did it all with parts i had kickin around and it serves its purpose.

Materials:
- 13" LED bar -- cost me $20 +/- when i bought it for my VW.....yes i know its rice but it was all i could find at the time and again it serves its purpose.
- 5A mini toggle switch -- free at JY
- 18 or 20 Ga wire i had from something -- i know its small but this thing draws next to no power
- 5A inline fuse -- free at JY
- fuse block prong

pretty straight forward install just marked and drilled where i wanted it, ran my wire behind the trim, pulled power from a constant HOT [power locks] on the fuse block and just grounded next to the light in the rear deck.
By cody27
#277874 yea when i bought the led tube i wanted white but all i could find was blue, red and green so blue it was.

and congrats. :cheers:
By cody27
#280202 lol it normally isnt but i had to clean it in order to get in there and do the install