Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Stokes
#254277 Not a huge fan of the black bonnet dude.

I've PM'd you back, better late than never :P
Get in touch if you have any problems.

Oh and the front hasn't lowered much as the little 1.3 engine weighs nothing to compress the springs, I had the same problem when I only had springs on mine.
By Stokes
JangoFeet08 wrote:Here pretty soon, the entire car will be that color. I don't just wanna keep the hood like that.

The whole car will be flat black?

I would't do that dude, thunder grey is such a nice colour I have a buddy with one.
By JangoFeet08
#269055 Update time!

Ebay exhaust my buddy gave me for free. He only had it on his EG for a week to pass inspection so he can start his K20a swap.
It actually sounds really nice for an ebay exhaust. And personally, I like the way it looks too!

Before :

After :

Up close and personal :

Ol' Faithful :

lemme know what you think!
By Mr. Pink
#269064 nice start,

when you go to swap the motor i may want the upper end of the motor(head,intake mani, distributor etc...) and the sending unit from the fuel tank(you'll have to switch to an in tank pump)
By chris_barnes
#269321 So, I see you wrote you plan to swap, but still you bought a header. So, you will be driving the EG3 for some time after all :) I used to have that engine, it's only for Europe (i think). Don't put too large wheels, it will kill the car (will become slow). You may have noticed (if you have not driven any other carbureted engine) that is starts a bit slow. My advice is to hit the gas pedal just once when you get in, and then turn on the ignition, it will start much faster. Also, if the car is a facelift ('94 or '95) you will have the shorter gearbox with 4.4 FD which is quite sought after. If you have any questions PM me, I'll be happy to respond. EG3 is a good base to start if you are going for a fast car, as it is the lightest of all EGs. :)
By b20_link
chris_barnes wrote:So, I see you wrote you plan to swap, but still you bought a header. So, you will be driving the EG3 for some time after all :) I used to have that engine, it's only for Europe (i think). Don't put too large wheels, it will kill the car (will become slow). You may have noticed (if you have not driven any other carbureted engine) that is starts a bit slow. My advice is to hit the gas pedal just once when you get in, and then turn on the ignition, it will start much faster. Also, if the car is a facelift ('94 or '95) you will have the shorter gearbox with 4.4 FD which is quite sought after. If you have any questions PM me, I'll be happy to respond. EG3 is a good base to start if you are going for a fast car, as it is the lightest of all EGs. :)

word stay on the 15" max yo
By JangoFeet08
chris_barnes wrote:So, I see you wrote you plan to swap, but still you bought a header. So, you will be driving the EG3 for some time after all :) I used to have that engine, it's only for Europe (i think). Don't put too large wheels, it will kill the car (will become slow). You may have noticed (if you have not driven any other carbureted engine) that is starts a bit slow. My advice is to hit the gas pedal just once when you get in, and then turn on the ignition, it will start much faster. Also, if the car is a facelift ('94 or '95) you will have the shorter gearbox with 4.4 FD which is quite sought after. If you have any questions PM me, I'll be happy to respond. EG3 is a good base to start if you are going for a fast car, as it is the lightest of all EGs. :)

Thanks for the info..

i got the entire exhaust system for free.. didnt pay a dime for the headers, pipe, or muffler.. so that's why i did that...
also, i haven't done my swap yet cause im waiting on my buddy to finish his k20 swap before i get his d16b8. He has the b8 with the 4 valve reliefs on the cylinders, so i just need a vtec head.
Thats the swap im going to do.
Hopefully it gets done soon..

ALSO, i got my duckbill in today, so ill install that later and post pics.

Thanks for all the comments!
By chris_barnes
#269531 Both ways (as to rims) are very nice! Congrats for the choice.
As to the engine - there's no such engine D16B8. The one you are talking about is found in US/Canadian civics - D15B8, basically it is a 70hp PGMFI civic with 8 instead of 16 valves. You need to do some research on it, I have only seen 1 such car here in Bulgaria. As it is fuel economy oriented, it's compression is a bit lower (9.1) unlike the rest of the D-series (9.2-9.3). You may change the pistons as well. D13 pistons are great for increasing compression, but with Vtec head, it may get too high (you need to do some calculations, but if memory serves right) around 12, and there will be a lot of detonations. Keep the gearbox of the D13, though. It is pretty short (unlike the endless gears of this economy-oriented engine D15B8).
By b20_link
JangoFeet08 wrote:
b20_link wrote:so what rims r you going to buy for your car ?

Rota slips or GSR fat fives.
The basic civic rims. lol

I can't wait to get off my steelies!!!

lol word
gsr hammer head
they r nice if u polish then
i had a set of then long time ago
By JangoFeet08
chris_barnes wrote:Both ways (as to rims) are very nice! Congrats for the choice.
As to the engine - there's no such engine D16B8. The one you are talking about is found in US/Canadian civics - D15B8, basically it is a 70hp PGMFI civic with 8 instead of 16 valves. You need to do some research on it, I have only seen 1 such car here in Bulgaria. As it is fuel economy oriented, it's compression is a bit lower (9.1) unlike the rest of the D-series (9.2-9.3). You may change the pistons as well. D13 pistons are great for increasing compression, but with Vtec head, it may get too high (you need to do some calculations, but if memory serves right) around 12, and there will be a lot of detonations. Keep the gearbox of the D13, though. It is pretty short (unlike the endless gears of this economy-oriented engine D15B8).

yeah, i totally meant to put d15b8 not 16... lol

ive been helpin my friend take the d15b8 out of his car so he can drop in the k20a. his engine is about as powerful as mine (in terms of HP) but he has the fuel injection i desire.. so it will make putting on a z6 or y8 head easy, compared to putting it on my carbed engine.

I'd like to find out if i COULD put a vtec head on my 1.3L... I have never seen that before and i bet i could push that shit so hard. I know id have to change out my fuel system though to fuel injection..