Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By MG6
#157923 nice write up. I will need to put one on as it does suck when you leave it on without knowing it is on in the morning.
By killerdwarf
#172355 sorry im very stupid on wiring but i have 3 wires... black red and blue.. i would think the black would be the ground but i have no clue what the blue would be... if anyone could help a retarded person that would be great :thumb:
By Coplies
#174588 So you were right about the black being the ground. Just place one wire on each of the terminals and test what happens. If it doesnt seem right just switch them. Nothing bad will happen if you wire this thing wrong
By Coplies
#174671 Image

This is what I did but i used a "chime" not a "buzzer" and it has 3 wires. One that went to the #2 option plug, one to the #3 option plug and a third that was just for ground. It worked perfectly but the annoying thing is that as soon as you take the key out it starts beeping. However, the stock chime on my dad's 97 civic doesn't start the beeping until the drivers door is opened. So, I moved the ground wire so that it is tapped into the ground wire coming down from the dome light to the door ajar switch. This perfects it so that the chime will only sound when the lights are on but the car is off and when the door is open.
By dbrooks
#181419 I'm pumped to do this. I thought mine was just broken. Haha
By TrailerTrash
dbrooks wrote:I'm pumped to do this. I thought mine was just broken. Haha

thats exactly what I thought too lol

now im in the habbit of checking the lights every single time I exit the car.

very good write up I love these DIYs 8)
By kingjmack
#224135 Just completed this mod and it's one of the most useful mods I've ever done! Got a buzzer from radio shack, hooked it up to the two right connectors on the fuse box, and shazzam! I now have a buzzer when I take my keys out and leave the headlights on. Oh yeah, this was on a 93 Ex Coupe.
By RyVcZ
#224455 i gotta check my EG and see if our phdm unit also have the same fuse box..
By 92_eghatch
#241256 don't think my cx came with this. ...but it also didn't come standard with PS so...
By ktang
#331090 I finally got around to doing this, after draining my battery again. I attached to the 3rd and 4th terminals from the left, instead of the 4th and 5th, so there is a quick "beep" when I start the car. That way I know that the buzzer is working.
By DirtyEye
#331103 You guys mean that beep when you turn on the lights without ignition on?
If so, I thought it'd be stock on all the 5th gen civics? My hatch had absolutely no extras whatsoever but has that beep I mentioned above, maybe because it's mandatory here :woot: *turn sarcasm off*
By crazy-88
#331420 I've killed my battery over a dozen times this year alone! can't thank whoever wrote this up enuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By eclipse222
#335319 Guys! How can I enable a buzzer when the ignition?!