General exhaust discussion & questions
By 92civicEGsedan
#333102 I got a 4-2-1 header a while back from eBay an it had two places for 02 sensor the first is when the header goes from 4-2 and the second is from 2-1. I read that the o2 sensor should be able to be hit with exhaust from all 4 cylinders is this really important that I should relocate the o2 sensor?
By JohnRM
#333104 You should be fine with just keeping the o2 sensor where it's at.
By TrailerTrash
JohnRM wrote:You should be fine with just keeping the o2 sensor where it's at.

this. i have the same kind of header with the sensor in the bung closest to the head and its been just fine for 30000 miles
By 92civicEGsedan
#333114 I've had it like this for about a year but would relocating it help mpg or anything
By 92civicEGsedan
#333115 I also installed a sunpro air/fuel ratio gauge and it says I'm running so lean that it won't even register so I'm wondering if relocating it will help it work better or if my o2 sensor is fucked haha
By JohnRM
92civicEGsedan wrote:I also installed a sunpro air/fuel ratio gauge and it says I'm running so lean that it won't even register so I'm wondering if relocating it will help it work better or if my o2 sensor is fucked haha

Best way to check the o2 sensor is by using an ohm meter / multimeter. I don't remember what the numbers should be for it to be working properly but you can find it easily on google. For your o2 relocation, it still shouldn't matter.
By TrailerTrash
92civicEGsedan wrote:I also installed a sunpro air/fuel ratio gauge and it says I'm running so lean that it won't even register so I'm wondering if relocating it will help it work better or if my o2 sensor is fucked haha

worthless gauge dont count on it to be accurate. get a wideband and compare the two
By 92civicEGsedan
TrailerTrash wrote:

worthless gauge dont count on it to be accurate. get a wideband and compare the two

Yeah yeah I know heard it before dont plan on it to be accurate just to sorta work and I don't have the money for a wideband. Or Anything for my car in that case.