General exhaust discussion & questions
By PirateEG
#332051 Has anyone BUILT an exhaust?

I long to be able to afford a spoon N1 exhaust, but being currently unemployed I do not have the 800ish dollars for it.

I am just wondering if anyone has had custom mandrel bent tubing and a run-of-the-mills muffler installed with a set of 2" mandrel bent tubing exhaust?

Currently the EG i picked up has a huge fucking fart can and a custom exhaust that is NOT mandrel bent. I am looking to pend 200-250 on a muffler and/or resonator with 2" mandrel bent tubing as a replacement. I hate having that huge fucking tip. Even though the exhaust note is beautiful, the pipes being non-mandrel bent bothers me a bit.

I was at pepboys the other day looking for brush on adhesive for reclothing my dash and saw they had a pretty extensive muffler line-up. I was curious if anyone has BUILT an exhaust and had feedback on sound. I love my EG but I do not want a raspy exhaust.

~not a 16 year old owner, who street races; I am building a track-day/scca car... even tho the b16a2 mods puts me in Street modified class.

But it is "daily driven" cuz my daily driver decided to crap out the trans while sitting for 3-4 months. (I was driving my EG BABY!)
By Chambers
#333122 I havent built an exhaust for a Civic yet, but I plan to on mine. I'm going to run a couple of ebay mufflers/ resonators to keep it mild with either 2 or 2.5 inch pipe from mandrel bent solutions. I have done some ehxaust work on my Supra and two others. One of thoes we built the entire exhaust. Mandrel bent solutions is awesome, I suggest getting one of there DIY kits. It should have everything you could need for the Civic ehxaust. You may need to order an extra straight peice though.
By rustyrex
#333259 I built everything for my hatch from the manifold back. I ordered everything except the muffler from vibrant.
By Leppy
#334858 I custom built mine when we did the B18C swap using a DNX flow-through type muffler. Added a resonator in the middle and kept the cat.

It was a pain in the ass getting stuff lined up, considering the DNX is angled, but it was so worth it.

As far as the sound, I have video up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7kT6f3MHE
By PirateEG
#337382 ^^ sounds nice. not too raspy.

Thanks for the input guys, finally got her running nice and I will look into that DIY kit from mandrel solutions.
By MistahJuice
#337758 I built mine as well, if you want to get rid of the rasp you should run the longest resonator you possibly can. I think mine is a 22in but I'm also running a cat still. Also run a muffler with some actual sound dampening, can still be straight through just dont run a bottle style muffler. I have virtually no rasp between my 70mm ws2 muffler, magnaflow resonator, and S2000 cat. Also I'm at full 2.5in, only bottle neck is the S2000 Cat