General exhaust discussion & questions
By asianrob
#329570 id say it would be nice to have that option so you can run a nice quiet exhaust and when you need it dumped you can open it up any time and then turn it back when you need it quiet again
By bigJOE671
asianrob wrote:id say it would be nice to have that option so you can run a nice quiet exhaust and when you need it dumped you can open it up any time and then turn it back when you need it quiet again

This has been my Idea for a year now...Just haven't executed the purchase.
By Uknterror
elrompetoto wrote:i love mines get the electric

Which brand do you have? I have a few friends with the qtp electronic cutouts and every single one they had to replace/rebuild within a few months.....
By bigpunn421
#329624 they make cable too. so you could run a a wire too. that might be the most reliable.

cut out is best exhaust mod i think
By asianrob
bigJOE671 wrote:
asianrob wrote:id say it would be nice to have that option so you can run a nice quiet exhaust and when you need it dumped you can open it up any time and then turn it back when you need it quiet again

This has been my Idea for a year now...Just haven't executed the purchase.

i might be doing on my cressida lol if they make a 3 inch one and i have money i might just do it
By bigpunn421
#329648 i want to hook up a e-cutout to a ecu so everytime i hit vtec it hits exhaust vtec too.

i have seen supras do this too. when tps reads WOT it will open automatically.

i need this done to my ride if i keep it
By elrompetoto
Uknterror wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:i love mines get the electric

Which brand do you have? I have a few friends with the qtp electronic cutouts and every single one they had to replace/rebuild within a few months.....

i have this one http://www.badlanzhpe.com/
By elrompetoto
bigpunn421 wrote:i want to hook up a e-cutout to a ecu so everytime i hit vtec it hits exhaust vtec too.

i have seen supras do this too. when tps reads WOT it will open automatically.

i need this done to my ride if i keep it

thats a good idea all u need is a relay
By elrompetoto
#329654 u guys dont know how fun it is a lot of exotic car here in miami i love pulling up 2 them reving a lil they rev back so i go open cut out and hit the 2 step the look on they face is priceless
By TrailerTrash
bigpunn421 wrote:they make cable too. so you could run a a wire too. that might be the most reliable.

cut out is best exhaust mod i think

im pretty sure the cable operated ones are only make by Mr Gasket. and if im not mistaken they only come in 2 inch and they are cast iron so they have to be brazed onto the exhaust pipe.
EDIT: found 2 both are cast
http://www.jegs.com/p/Mr-Gasket/Mr-Gask ... 1/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance- ... 5/10002/-1

bigpunn421 wrote:i want to hook up a e-cutout to a ecu so everytime i hit vtec it hits exhaust vtec too.

this. is. an. awesome. idea.

all i need is a relay? how so? do explain :thumb:
By mADmAN
#331663 been running on a cable exhaust cutout for 2.5 years... came with the car.. done by the ex-owner who had the car for a year plus.. so roughly 3.5 years total.

never had any issues with it...never stuck etc...if it does, some wd40 should be good to clear out the carbon...

cutout made using throttle body.

some pictures