General exhaust discussion & questions
By kapow
#316076 Hey guys.

I'll be swapping in a B18C2 into my EG hatch real soon, and seeing that the stock Civic exhaust size is 1.75", it's a bit restrictive for a B series.

I remember seeing a Mugen tear drop muffler for our EG's, so I'm thinking an OEM DA Integra cat back should fit with minimal mods.

Found these pics on JHPUSA, although these are aftermarket exhausts, top pic is DA Integra, bottom is EG Civic hatch. Seems like the B-pipe follows the same exhaust path

Do you think a catback exhaust from a DA Integra fit an EG Civic hatch? Has anyone tried this?
Last edited by kapow on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#316080 Don't know why you'd waste the time/money?
By kapow
EH2_andy wrote:Don't know why you'd waste the time/money?

Just the lack of aftermarket support here, so just looking at OEM parts. I just need to know if the exhaust routing for both cars are the same
By FG2_Andrew
#316085 It will look goofy coming out of the left side, won't fit properly without modification, and you're trying to fit a harder to find da exhaust on an eg? Doesn't make sense. I'd just go to a muffler shop and have them fab one.
By kapow
EH2_andy wrote:It will look goofy coming out of the left side, won't fit properly without modification, and you're trying to fit a harder to find da exhaust on an eg? Doesn't make sense. I'd just go to a muffler shop and have them fab one.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I ment just the B pipe up until the axle back, and if possible the axle back part as well seeing that we have extra hangers on our civics to put on exhausts like the tear drop muffler similar to CRX/DA exhausts.

I'll find out later today when I put both of them side by side and see how much I need to trim if I can
By kapow
#316158 Image

This is what I ment, tear drop muffler on a EG hatch.
By kapow
#316222 DA Integra and EG Civic B-pipes are the same length!

And if i'm desperate and need to use the DA Integra axle back, I have to trim 9 inches off it. SOLVED!